bandit694

Feb 26, 2006
just bought a 96' KX 500 it came with a FMF gnarly pipe and a new top end .otherwise it is stock. anybody have any tips on these bikes(jetting,gearing,etc.).i ride mostly in open fields and some woods riding. thanks.

mattb348

Aug 2, 2005
bandit694 said:
just bought a 96' KX 500 it came with a FMF gnarly pipe and a new top end .otherwise it is stock. anybody have any tips on these bikes(jetting,gearing,etc.).i ride mostly in open fields and some woods riding. thanks.

It sounds like it would be just fine the way it is for what you are using it for. I have a 2002 KX 500 and man I love that thing.

I think they can easily do anything you want even at stock; for instance they are good for drag racing to trail riding. They have so much low end and overall power that you shouldn't have to gear it down or get a flywheel weight or anything to trail ride it. They have so much power you can let em idle in first gear and they can drive without stalling :)

I would recommend tightening all the bolts that are connected to the frame like every other ride or so though, since they are known for vibrating bolts free :)

Top Bottom