LazyBoy Update

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Here's what I was referring to Dave...

LazyBoy said:
I'm ready all though I was ready last year too and a week before snapped my leg. But its all good now two days before we leave and Im all intact. But on the other hand i mentioned that i was excited to my mom before she dropped me off at school today and when i was getting out of the car slamed my head against the door frame then preceeded to walk in to the school and stub my toe 2 times and almost slip down the stairs. :|
So I am just hoping to make it through the next couple of days but hope to see you all there.
Patman said:
LOL! Maybe we should tie LazyBoy & Oldguy together and see what happens?
:laugh:

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Glad to hear he is on the road to recovery. Give him my best. He's one tough kid, I know it must have been beyond painful but he just layed there and carried on a conversation with me.

Heal up quick bubba..

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Thanks for the update
Good luck with the recovery Troy. You definetly won the hard luck award the past couple years. How about giving your parents a break and let someone else have youre title for a change.

All,
I am the guy who augered in on Tuesday afternoon that resulted in a broken wrist, concusion, and separated ribs from my sternum. Was pleasantly pleased by Dr. Couch as well however, returned to my own Ortho to have surgery. 3 screws and two plates to get my radius back into the right position. Needless to say the trip back to Georgia was long. Still not sure how it happened but sort of think that the edge of my chest protector got caught under the throttle cable when I went to lean over the front end on the face of the jump. When I raised up it pulled the throttle WFO and launched me.
Reid (paxdad).

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
good to hear he's doing better!

Chili

Quick update. Troy had a follow up appointment Friday. Leg is healing fine and the Doc is happy with the progress being made. He has started Physio for range of motion in the knee so that he doesn't have as much to work on when he can rehab the leg itself. The shoulder continues to be a real problem and is still limiting him to very short stints on his crutches as he refuses to use the wheelchair. His school isn't wheelchair accessible so we are basically home schooling him right now :yikes: He is on the waiting list (gotta love our free health care :think: ) for an MRI of the shoulder and hopefully will get in within the next month since I agreed to drive 5 hours round trip to a smaller center to get one done as the waiting list here is 4-5 months currently.

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Thanks for the update. Glad the leg is healing well. That really bites about the shoulder and the wait for the MRI :bang:

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Thanks for the update. Im always thinkin on how Troy is doing.
Hope the shoulder starts improveing, so he can get around more/better.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
Thanks for the update Chili! Glad to hear the leg is doing better! Bummer on the shoulder. Best of luck with everything, I hope the waiting period for the MRI decreases.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
Hey LazyBoy I've got some big magnets I use for welding and can get some iron fileings so maybe a home made MRI? I was always really good with those Wooly Willy boards. ;)

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Update??? hows he doing these days?

Chili

The leg is healing just fine, Doc says the alignment of the repair is perfect and he's hoping to be off his crutches in early January. The right shoulder is still a problem even though he has gained back range of motion in the shoulder but those motions are still painful. He is scheduled for an MRI on Jan 7th for the shoulder so hopefully we will know more then.

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Dang,
Hope the shoulder doesnt require surgery. I bet Troy will be glad to start walking soon. Thanks for the update.

Chili

Hopefully the last update in this thread. Troy had another follow up today and can ditch the crutches and return to full weight bearing on his leg. Results on the MRI on the right shoulder showed a serious case of inflammation and tendinitis that the Doc feels is just going to take time and PT to get rid off but no rotator cuff tears which means no surgery thankfully.