justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
There is a group of us, Heartland Spodes, that will be riding at my farm on LoneChimney Lake, in Glencoe OK, this weekend. I will arrive Friday night and ride Saturday and Sunday. The place is small 133 acres with 6 1/2 mile loop of tight trails. Some tight technical stuff. Also some open riding, a small little section with some small jumps.

There will be some guys bringing thier kids from 8 years old all the way up. MXers and enduro riders together, Cookout Saturday night, camping also.
Family place, safe riding for the kids, they can ride by them selves. Fun riding for the adults. :)

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
what do i need to bring for the cookout? or are we cooking out independently?

me, my daughter, a buddy and his son are coming to represent the east side of the state.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I'll have burgers ,hotdogs and fixins for Saturday night, group cookout, bring your drinks and whatever you want to munch on through the day. Are you staying Saturday night?

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
:) :) :) I just hope my lawn chair doesn't swarm on me like it did the last time I sat around a campfire. Ask Lorin or bswift, I'm sure they're still laughing.:think

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I'm trying to round up a few extra riders. I'll be there for sure on Sat. and Sun., maybe Friday night.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I just hope my lawn chair doesn't swarm on me like it did the last time I sat around

I think you may have been passing GasGas in that chair. lol:p

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I thought I'd get in touch with everyone and let you know the plans for this weekend.
I will arrive at farm around 5:30 Friday night. Setup camp, campfire.
Saturday- Ride off and on all day, cookout hamburgers and hotdogs around dark, campfire after that.
Sunday- Ride off and on all day leave sometime in the afternoon.

The place is not real hard to find, it sits on Lone Chimney Lake.
To get there from Stillwater you head east on 51 to 108, go north on 108 two miles north of Glencoe, turn right at Walts Corner head east four miles turn right go south on gravel road 1 mile, turn left go east almost 1 mile, small farm house on left side, only house on left side. You make a u turn to go through the gate beside big garage into the pasture, turn right once in pasture head north through pasture on trail.

To get there from the Cimmaron turnpike, exit at the Pawnee exit, hwy 18 , it's the exit right before the McDonalds.Turn right, head north on Hwy 18, 2 1/4 miles( there is a green state sign that says Lone Chimney Lake)turn left go west 2 miles on dirt road. At t-intersection turn right go north 1/4-1/2 mile or so to new bridge to stop sign at t-intersection. At stop sign turn left head west again. Follow this road west it will turn back south and then back west,(about a 1/2 mile total through the curves) there is a water plant on the left side when you turn west again, go 1 1/2 miles west from water plant. Turn left, head south 1 mile, turn left head east almost 1 mile. Small farm house on left side of road. Make a uturn off of road go through gate beside garage into pasture. Once in pasture turn right go north through pasture.

To get there from Tulsa on 51 head west to 18, go north on 18 and follow the directions once you go past the turnpike.

The farm was my grand parents the Shell's, it is now owned by the Matlocks and Lockwoods. 133 acres of fun. 6+ miles of trials is all but we can run them backwards for a real challenge.
I will be happy to meet you at the McDonalds or Glencoe if needed to lead you there. There is plenty of room for camping, outhouse, open pavilion. Let me know when and if you'll be there. Invite whoever you want, we should have lots of variety of skill levels, so everyone will have someone at their level.. Lots of open riding for kids. Trails are like Stillwater, some tough sections, ask Craig_end or Bswift they've both been there.

I'll email everone with a list of who's coming as I get responces, my wife and two sons, 8 and 10 will be there. The list is not real large, so do invite whoever, good time to bring the kids and camp out in a tent.:)
Later Justin

:)

Last edited:

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Originally posted by justql
The place is small 133 acres with 6 1/2 mile loop of tight trails. Some tight technical stuff. Also some open riding, a small little section with some small jumps.

133 acres. Sounds like the Pondarosa to me! ;) Justql, check you e-mail.

Everyone else. Sawblade has had a chipped tooth on the ole blade the last few weeks. Broke down and went to the doctor and he has me loaded up with meds. Once this clear I've got to go back for a full physical. :eek: Needless to say I'm not looking forward to it! My energy level has been very low, I'm feeling better, but will not make it to the ride on the farm. :(

I'll look forward to all the rib pokin and knee slapping on the board next week.

Sawblade

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Sorry to hear you can't make it. We've got lots of goat trails there. Did you get my email, I'm at work now and can't check my home email from here. You should atleast come and sit
and watch us ride.:p We'll have lots of fun besides riding.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
As of Thursday night the following have replied....
bswift-might arrive Friday night, Saturday for sure
bswift's father-maybe, not a rider but good guy
lorin-arriving Friday night
mx547 and daughter-arriving Saturday morning
okkxer-2/kids will try to make it, atleast a day
craig_enid, wife, and daugter(19yrold)-Saturday only
myself, wife, and 2 kids.

Sawblades out w/ illness.
Davids out with other committmets

Last edited:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Sorry, but David will be unable to attend. He really wanted to go but has some other commitments. I hope to swipe the motor home if dad doesn't want to come along.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Doing the bike maintenance tonight. :)

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Mines already loaded, gotta go to a High school play tonight, I'll leave here around 3:30 tomorrow. Smaller group than I wanted but it should be a blast. I'm marking some easy sections of trails with blue arrows for the newbies and kids.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
my buddy that bailed said that he is 90% sure that he will show up sunday. his kid has a b-ball game saturday. his nickname is mikeok. he hangs out on the extremedirtbike board alot. so add two more to the list.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Ok, put me down for a maybe. The meds have kicked in, I'm feeling about 90%, and a good group ride is what I need to get rid of some stress. If I can talk the boy into getting up at O god thirty, he may come also.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Good to hear it. If anyone gets lost call 580-669-2343, Thats the house at the farm, hoopefully someone there can give you directions to the place. Lots of people in the area know it as the Shell place, now owned by the Matlocks and Lockwoods. If you make it to Glencoe the folks at Ross' Station can give you directions. They're my relatives so don't let them give you a hard time about riding bikes. :D If you get close you'lls start seeing red and white arrows.:think Maybe they'll help if you MXer's can follow them,:debil:

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Justql,
Just wanted to clarify that if I make it. It will be for Sunday only. What time is everyone planning on breaking camp?

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I'm leaving my trailer there, I'm going back the following Wednesday, so I'll stay as late as everyone wants to. :)

MikeOK

Aug 6, 2000
Thanks again guys for a great day of riding. My son and I both had a blast. Now I'm gonna go take a few aspirin and go to bed... Justin, I'm still trying to think of something to name that get-off, just give me time...

Mike

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Mikeok - Check out the thread in the race reports section, some funny accounts of the weekend. I had almost forgotten about that......ok not really.

Top Bottom