UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
I know you all are preoccupied with your camping plans for this weekend... I thought I'd give a quick update on our progress for the Loose Moose (and Mini Moose).

Trailboss Jack is putting together a great trail! He's approaching it with the same philosophy as last years trail. It will be a bit longer for the C riders (they actually wanted more!), and might have an added twist for the A riders. B riders should be real happy again this year! It is the Loose Moose, though, so eat your Wheaties...!

MiniMoose Trail Bosses Harry and Scott are putting together a fun Family Enduro course for Saturdays event. They've been doing the MiniMoose Trail for a couple of years now, and everyone always raves about how much fun their trail is. We love doing this event, it's awesome to see whole families out riding together!

VIO, Inc makes great helmetcam systems, and the owner of the company made a video of the Loose Moose terrain.
CLICK HERE

Everything is coming together nicely, we hope to see you June 14 (MiniMoose) and 15 (Loose Moose).

More information can be found on the UP Sandstormers website "Events" page. CLICK HERE

Last edited:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I have read that the Loose Moose has the largest contingency program for the National Enduros. The Pros and A riders will be able to win some cash!!
Looking forward to Round # 3 of the Family Enduro Series and Round # 2 of the District 14 series.

The video is very cool. Have you sent a copy to NEPG? I know Alan will get it posted on their website. Excellent advertising for the Loose Moose!!

Last edited:

UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
For the Mini-Moose participants, we give away a complete set of riding gear (jersey, pants, gloves) by random drawing. :cool:

NEPG has the video on their site already!

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
Magoo,
will be coming up friday night to give any help you need!
Wife's not happy you put a nat'l on our wedding anniversary!
Damn going to miss her!

UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
Loose Moose Update!

From the NEPG website :

Just received an update from Dick Burleson about the course for the June 15th Loose Moose National. He said that he rode the course on Saturday with U.P. Sandstormer trail boss Jack Drummond, and it was a great ride.

The course will consist of 6 test sections with a length of 12.8, 9.2, 14.4, 8.0, 4.4 and 8.4. The "C" class riders will ride the first 4 sections and will have a total course length of 47.6 miles. The "B" riders will ride 5 sections for a total of 56.8 and the "A" riders have 67.7.

There should be plenty of time in between each section as there is a 30min pause after each section except for the 4.4 miler which there is a 15 min pause.

Most riders will be happy to hear that the Sandstormers will "NOT" be using the infamous mountain or wee wee hills this year that is very hilly, slick and rocky, giving riders fits at previous events. Most of the event will be sandy with some of the "Moon" rock sections mixed it.

Sounds like a great event, come join us

:yeehaw:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I'll be 9 rows back watching it all unfold. :cool:

PoeBrian

Oct 10, 2002
UP Magoo said:
Most riders will be happy to hear that the Sandstormers will "NOT" be using the infamous mountain or wee wee hills this year that is very hilly, slick and rocky, giving riders fits at previous events. Most of the event will be sandy with some of the "Moon" rock sections mixed it.
Sounds like a great event, come join us[/I]
:yeehaw:

I for one will not be one of the "Most Riders happy". Those sections deleted are what make Marquette so special and uniquely fun.

I would like to see at least a few miles of the "tough stuff" make it in the race for B riders.

:(

UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
Brian, I expect there will still be plenty of challenge. If you haven't had enough, you could stay an extra day and someone will take ya up on the mountain.

And TJC, that CR500 is just the ticket for the mountain.... :laugh:

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
This is sounding fun. Will they be using the transponders for scoring?

UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
Sweet!

Perfect weather conditions leading up to the Loose Moose!

:cool:

UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
Nope, mandatory.
All National Enduros are scored by NEPG using the transpnders and electronic scoring system. You can rent transponders for $5 (with $15 deposit, which is returned when you return the transponder).

FlyinRyan

~SPONSOR~
Mar 19, 2001
You guys didn't put anything on the flyer about the transponder price. I'm sure that will catch a lot of local racers off guard. It's only $5 (once you return it) but it's still added costs that aren't advertised. I'll post that up info to try to let people know.

This weekend is going to be expensive:

Fuel (roundtrip): $400.00
Entry Fee: $70.00 (I didn't pre enter and cost of Transponder)
Family enduro entry fee: $60.00
Plus food, T-shirt, etc

All that money and I don't even get to ride the mountain, making me think twice about going!

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Marquette expences = Lots

Chance to get beaten up and have the Sand Stomers laugh
and call you names when you do = Priceless..........

I will be there with a smile on my face, at the begining anyway.
Don

UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
Sorry Ryan, not trying to mislead anyone... mandatory transponders at National Enduros is one of those things that we thought everyone "knew..." No transponders being used at the MiniMoose -- traditional scoring.

I understand your pain with the expenses! So cool, though, that your whole family is participating in the Family Enduro!

Don, the hardcore days are gone; you'll still be smiling (hopefully just a tired and satisfied smile) at the end of the day!

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Just messing with you Jeff, its been to quiet here lately.

Looking forward to my first D-14 enduro back.

Top Bottom