srellis

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 25, 2002
I did the BFL program two years ago to get in shape for a trip to Padre Island. I lost 20 lbs (I did gain muscle) and looked pretty decent. Of course after the trip, I quit exercising since my motivation was gone. Now I've gained 10 lbs back (could have been worse!) and would like to get back in the swing of things. I have a High School reunion later this summer but for some reason I just don't feel motivated like I did before. I have purchased all the same protein powders and bars, etc. that helped me the last time but I have a tough time with exercising. The shakes and stuff just don't taste the same either. My two boys have had ball games 3 to 4 times a week for the last 5 weeks and now we are into tournament time. I'm too tired to get up early and we get home too late to want to exercise. We race MX on the weekends and I am ususally sore Mon and Tues and don't want to lift a finger let alone a dumbbell. I have all the equipment I need at home. I went into a GNC a few weeks ago and the saleslady asked me if she could help me find anything. I asked her if she had motivation in a bottle and she gave me a real funny look. I guess she didn't understand what I meant!!!
Maybe after July things will slow down enough to at least get started. I'm one of those types that once I get about 10 minutes into exercising I feel pretty good. It's those first 5 minutes that seem the hardest to get started. The president of the bank I work for says I should start lifting weights so I will be stronger to handle that WR250F I want for Christmas... Maybe that will motivate me!!!

B

biglou

WA-I posted this one back on page five. It's a big thread, I know. I don't have any better shots than these. This is Before (on the left) and during (on the right, May 17th. I'm down about another 10-13 pounds since then, although I don't think I look any different! Sorry, these are the only pics I have: Click.

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Come on, Lou. Cough 'em up. We know you have polaroids of yourself taped to your monitor...

B

biglou

So, how's everyone doing? Man, I was just stuck on a plateau there for about a month. Just held solid at 225 give or take a couple. I was eating very healthy, and while I did slack off on the aerobic activity for a couple weeks, I kicked it back in with a vengeance and still wasn't moving any. Talked with py paisan, zio, and he recommended shocking my system in one of several ways. So I took the "binge" option and went and got myself a large chocolate extreme blizzard from DQ! Didn't hurt that it's like 100 degrees here, either! Anywho, weighed in at a solid 222 this morning, so hopefully things are moving again. I've been paying extra attention to how I eat, and I have stepped up the workout intensity a notch or two. Perhaps I was getting complacent with my effort, I dunno.

Just thought I'd update. How's everyone else coming along?

B

biglou

Photo of progress so far: (FYI, as much as it looks like a bald spot in the shot on the left, it's the clearance light on the trailer behind me!)

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
Great job Lou Keep it up man :thumb: In early october will be the 1 year anniversary of the beginning of my get fit plan. I settled in at about 162, Down from 215 still eating healthy still working weights 3 days a week, cardio 3 days a week and running 4 to 6 days a week I feel much better at 45 than I did at 25 :)

matt ruiz

Jan 10, 2002
Keep up the good work all of you. Don't let this post die out keep it going. I have lost 15lbs ,and feel great thanks to this post I have been lurking since the begining. Please keep posting. Medium Lou 1 year ago I wieghed 150lbs and I have been exerciseing and watching my food intake and Iam down to 210lbs. I am still not were I want to be and seeing and hearing you guys really helps. Keep up the good work

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Dang. I had no idea this thread would live for so long or gather so many followers. For a while I was afraid I would come off as some sort of narcicistic poser, especially after posting my oily gay pics.

I want everyone to know this isn't just a fad of mine. Although I haven't posted in a while, I'm still at it. For a few weeks, zia & I had a lot of setbacks. Our schedule was hectic. Weddings, birthdays, weekend getaways, gatherings, house-guests, etc. There wasn't a week that went by that we could manage to put together a solid few days of regular eating & exercise.

The good news is, we survived. Even more important is that neither of us lost any big ground. I gained maybe 2 lbs of fat. zia actually held her weight steady. It really is true- our "metabolism" is cranked up. With more muscle, we can burn more calories. And since our energy levels are up, we are more active throughout the day.

What happens is that it's hard to not think about what we're eating. Even if we nearly blow it one day by eating a few unhealthy meals, we are no longer able to say "screw it" and use that as an excuse to binge. I HAVE to try and eat healthy at least once or twice a day. I can't stand not to. I've worked so hard for what I've accomplished, there's no way I'm ever going to let it be wasted.

Keep it up, everyone. :)

STIguy

Aug 27, 2002
well no big news for me i had a few weeks back there where i had sluffed off on the eating and working out. like zio, i was just too busy to get the routine going, working weird hours and going away on vacation but im back and going strong. every body keep it up, its funny if i eat fast food now or unhealthy food i feel so sluggish and not really wanting to do anything. i cant belive how i used to eat. im deffinatley hooked on this healthy stuff even more than a cheeseburger from mcdonalds. hehe

B

biglou

Update: :cool: :thumb: Can't release any details until after DW. I got some Psy-Ops going on right now! :laugh: Let's just say that things are progressing very well.

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Not so good for me. Since we sold our home, I've been under lots osf stress & super-busy. The last two weeks have been really tough. I've put on about 5lbs of fat. What's bad isn't the fat (big deal), but its my eating habits. I've gotten spoiled by quick meals at the drie through. With no food in the fridge (and now, no fridge) it's hard to prepare a meal. DW ain't gonna help any.

matt ruiz

Jan 10, 2002
I must say I have just been blown away with this thread,I am not finished with my physical tranformation,but I am swimming in my old clothes and I feel great. Thanks for the motivation and I hope all is well for anybody who took the steps to better themselves

Wind

Dec 30, 2002
Yes, the thread is inspiring! I have been checking it out, reading Body for Life, and trying a few things to see how it will go (dipping my toe in as it were). At the State Championships I finished better than I deserved but from looking at the video I could see people passing me going up steep hills (and my 250 is fast so I know it is not the problem). I need to lose xxx pounds. Now I have a way! I'll let you know when I take the leap. I KNOW it is going to be hard. I am NOT a morning person so I think that the morning workout is going to be the hardest part (there's really no other time in my day to do it).

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Rignt on, man. I'm going to start again on Monday, October 27th. I've been "off" for at least 4 weeks. It's been an ugly combination of selling our house, a longer than expected escrow on the new house, moving my office, Dirt Week, etc. All are just excuses, I know. But it's moot.

I've gained back at least 10 lbs, and it sucks. I can't wait to get back to normal. It's bizarre- "normal" now to me is eating 6 light, healthy meals a day. No more quick subs from Togos, no more super-stuffed burritos from the local taqueria, no more anything gross. Just chicken breasts, broccoli, whey protein & brown rice! :)

And at next year's DirtWeek, I am going to have guns.

carlbielke

Jul 4, 2002
I've been following this thread with great interest, I've been losing a steady two pounds per month for nine months now, I was 211 pounds creeping upwards in January this year and one morning I thought it was now or never, at 34 I was either going to get rid of the flab or just altogether quit looking after myself.
Now I'm down to a somewhat muscular 193 pounds (height 6'1") without really trying.

IT FEELS SO GREAT!!
All the positive side effects are there, and since I've been making SLOW progress I've rarely felt the cravings that can get so bad when you're on a crash diet. Also it's easier to correct when you slip, it's happened a few times but the long term approach is much more forgiving.
God willing I will reach my goal of 189 before the end of the year, I might just keep on going after that!

One thing that's hardly mentioned is what a great motivator riding is. Jogging is more fun imagining that you've had the holeshot racing and that you have to hang on in order to finish. It works for me anyway.

To finish this off: Christmas is approaching, this WILL be hard to get through with all the professional eating going on, most of us will gain a few pounds and I just wanted to wish you all the best of luck and keep this up.

B

biglou

Well, first weigh-in today since the day before I left for DW. The results are good. Holding fairly steady. I went from 265 in early April to 215 just before DW. Got on the scale today and was at 218. That was mid-day, after a fairly big meal of chicken. I'm pleased with that for sure! I haven't done anything in the last three weeks except for seat time at DW. Monday the running and lifting start again. I'd like to see 200 or less by the Reno ride (Valentine's Day). I'm still stoked. The old pants and shorts are still way loose, and I find myself wearing my new, smaller clothes more often than not.
If only I could excersize away my "bowling pin" physique! I'm built like a Weeble! :laugh:

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
I'm built like a Weeble!

Well at least you only wobble but don't fall down. And on a dirt bike that is a great advantage.

I've taken some motivation from this thread. Fortunately I'm only about 15 lbs overweight but I do need to get back into shape. I'm riding my very first enduro next month.

How the heck did I get involved in THAT!?!?

STIguy

Aug 27, 2002
well new update for me im back at school, and it is really hard to eat healthy here. its kinda like i dont have time to cook good meals every thing quick and easy but i am still going to the gym and hockey has started back up again so hopefully i will get back on track here im at about 185-187 lowest for me this summer was 178 so I hope by xmas i can get back to 180-178 will see though every one keep it up.

shane

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
I ready through this tread last night and since it was started in Feb. I wanted to know how everyone is doing. Zio, Lou?

Top Bottom