endoquest

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 4, 2000
Great thread Zio.
My two cents: Start weening yourself away from the "12 weeks" idea. A lot of people that take advantage of timed programs lose sight of the fact that this is a long term deal. I'm sure, from your enthusiasm, that you have already considered this. Just a reminder.
About weight lifting. Avoid "plateauing" once a goal is met. This happens so often it's not funny. Keep burning, change programs often and keep educating yourself!
Cardio: Interval training(i.e. 2 min. hard/2 min. easy) is WAY more efficient than slogging out a steady pace.
You're definitely on the right track and you've done a good service by posting this, thanks.

Endoquest (inner-quest)
38 years old, best shape I've ever been in.

B

biglou

Progress report: Tomorrow is four weeks, with only about 2-1/2 weeks worth of exercising according to the plan, and about 90% discipline following the eating structure.

Started @ 265 ( :o ) nekkid, now at 245 in shorts and tennies. I got a long way to go, and 245 is nothing to be proud of, but I'm moving, and that's the important thing.

Hey, I figure if zio is brave enough to post his NAMBLA member photo here, I can post my weight...:p

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Dang Easter holiday. I was a bad boy. But that's all behind me now (literally). Went to the gym last night, determined to lift more than ever. And I did. I decided ahead of time that I'd start out on higher weights for each exercise. And it paid off. Curled 100 lbs twice (standing bicep curl, cheater bar). That's an all-time best. Doing reverse one-arm tricep cable pushdowns (palms facing up in a reverse grip), I took a glance in the mirror- HOLY CRAP! IS THAT ME? I was blown away. The muscles are popping out, and the fat is melting away. My pecs now, when I look in the mirror, aren't round & booby-like. They're square. I've got to take a picture & post it. I can't believe it.

FYI- losing fat is a weird process, if you're doing it the right way. First, your body won't start burning the subcutaneous fat (underneath the skin, the fat we all see in the mirror) until it has first burned the fat within our muscles (think marblized steak, and you'll get the picture). So if you're flexing now, and your muscles don't feel rock-hard, you still have fat within them to burn. Then, once that fat is gone, you'll start shedding the more visible body fat.

So it's easy to lose several pounds of fat in the first few weeks, but still see no results in the mirror. Just hang in there. Remember, like everyone else has said- this should be a life-long goal, nut just a get-rich-quick scheme.

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Also, I've heard fat-loss described as "coming off in sheets", as in a roll of paper towels. For the first few sheets, or pounds, that you lose- the roll doesn't look any different. Then, as you continue to lose pound after pound, the results start to get more visible. The first sheet only goes around the roll once, but towards the end of the roll, one sheet will go around twice or more. Get it? Even though you continue losing fat at the same rate, the visual result compounds. :thumb:

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Again, in all my fat-slob-bad-posture glory...

Attachments

• atlas1.jpg
    atlas1.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 223

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
And now about ten weeks later, standing there, not flexing, no sucking in, no post-workout pump, etc. Compare it to the original...

Attachments

• atlas0.jpg
    atlas0.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 282

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
zio, I think the one red eye Borg look is what makes the photo.

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Really? You don't think it's the Don Johnson pants or fake tan? Because I've been walking around town in my sandals and teal blazer and getting tons of looks from the ladies. Maybe they're Trekkies.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Zio - What did you do with all the lint that eventually came out of your belly-button?
;)

Just kidding, great job!

I had lunch today with 4 old college buddies. We are all in our late 30's ( :scream: ); 3 of them are on the BFL program. As my other non-BFL buddy and I scarfed the fresh bread and ordered up flaming cheese (Opa!), the BFL'ers talked diet, supplements, and exercise.

The one that's been on it the longest (1 year) looks and feels great. Not that he was really overweight, but he lost 20lbs and is super lean now (claims 6% body fat).

Keep it up! :thumb:

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
The fat in your body is were you store energy. After reading several body building books, 6% is unhealthy. It is possible to get that lean but you will have no energy and will have to constantly eat. Body builders while " in season " are so easily weakened that just the minute they go and pose on stage wears them out. I am sure if you read up online you will find more information.

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Hold yer breath... 12 week Body For Life pics of zia are coming shortly. She agreed to let me post them.

Now for the business... This is for motivation for others out there. I'll see if I can get her to let me post her before pictures, but it isn't likely. She's still a woman and letting me post these was a huge attribute to what this program has done for her self esteem.

I don't mind anyone making fun of me or whatever, but she's off limits, kay? Not that any DRN'er would ever stoop so low (I honestly don't think any of you would), but I just figure I'll say it anyway. She's my love and I'm very proud of her. Drum roll please....

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Nevermind the lotion & funny poses... she hasn't looked this good since we were engaged. Both of us feel like a million bucks.

Attachments

• zia 2.jpg
    zia 2.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 306

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Last one. Believe it or not, doing these poses is a workout. We both did it, and took about 15 or so pictures each. By the end, you couldn't tell if the shine came from Pam or from sweat.

Attachments

• zia 6.jpg
    zia 6.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 299

exc rider

Jan 15, 2002
lookin good! and lean too! you should get those before pictures on here,that would really help motivate people,she should be proud to show how far she's come. good job,keep it up!

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
STIguy, stick with it. Zia just read that a staggering percentage of Body For Lifers don't complete the 12 week challenge. Here's my 12 week "after" photo that I'm sending in tomorrow. And keep in mind, I had a week-long disruption in my second week, which that early on basically meant I started from scratch on week 3.

Attachments

• atlas 7.jpg
    atlas 7.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 299

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Here's my alternate, I haven't decided which one to send in.

Attachments

• atlas 7b.jpg
    atlas 7b.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 247

john_bilbrey

Mar 22, 2003
Just think folks....in the time we've been reading this post, we could have gotten similar results ourselves. Kudos for sticking with it, for those who have! My wife has started aerobics again - I guess this means that I have to get back in the gym, too. I'm starting to miss that post-workout feeling you get, plus the S.O.F. (Shirt Off Factor) that comes with being in shape.

B

biglou

OK, no laughing or I come over to your house and eat all your pasta, capice?

Here is week 7 of eating correctly, week 5 of working out. 260-something down to 240.

It's a crappy photo, and I ain't doin' the shirtless thing for another month or five... Maybe sleeveless shirt next time?! :debil: I have a before pic, but it's at work, so I will put it up tomorrow. It's not an official before pic, but there is a difference to be noticed.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom