MONKEYMOUSE

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2001
Okay well seeing how all of my drivers and what not were deleted I had to go through and reinstall them all. Well I need the sound card drivers to listen to music burn CD's load music onto my MP3 and all that. Getting to the point It says that the MCI sound driver is not loaded and to go in to the windows control panel to install it. So I went into the control panel and it shows that driver as being installed :think:. I then tried updating the driver to no avail. I then deleted it and reinstalled it, still no sound no nothing, it wont read that its there. I’ve given up on it and decide to get some advice from you guys. Any Ideas?

Also I was hacked today, they didn't do anything to my computer (that I know of), Just the black screen with them saying things to me. They some how had my first name, kind of scary. They had it where I couldn’t reply to them either. Could maybe this person of done something to which I'm having all these problems?

Last edited:

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Yeah, I would like to know how they got to your system DSL or Cable?
No fire Wall?
MCI? Never herd of an MCI Sound card, do you mean PCI?
Pull the sound card and look for any info on the maker or model. SB 32? sound blaster, ect, they look for the manufactures web site and look for drivers.

KXaggerator

~SPONSOR~
Feb 4, 2001
Sometimes just moving your card one slot over with the computer powered off of course will cause you computer to recognize the hardware as new. Windows updates can also cause you to lose you sound card.

Are you current on your Windows critical updates? Zone Alarm is a free fire wall utility that you may want to load on your computer, also I would suggest an anti-spyware program like Ad-aware or Spybot S&D.

MONKEYMOUSE

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2001
Well I have Zone Alarm and Ad-aware. I tried reloading it as a new hardware but it didn't work. Hmm. . .

Top Bottom