Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
Smit-Dog said:
Maybe if Shagy gets on a 250 he can finish enduros earlier and help get the data entered... :nod:

Sorry im not gonna work and race and if i do work thenyour givin me points even if i didnt sign up for em at the start of the season

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
Hey guys,
I have been stalking this post before giving my opinion.
Being an old "Whore" who has seriously considered going back to the 200 class(mainly because they took my 125 class away a couple of decades ago.)
Although the horsepower of an open bike helps in alot of situations,I think I'm still better on my old 125! I still compete on this bike with my son at the harescambles and it's always like "going home" when I'm on it. :) I personally would hate to see the class disappear, but understand that it is currently a small class. FES may or may not help this down the road but not today!
It was always thrilling to beat the bigger bore bikes on a 125 and at one point we dubbed the KX the KTM killer.
(of course I have always been faster in my mind then on the race course.) As you all can attest age and senility have slowed me down and maybe I'm just hoping for my glory days to return.
At this point though I would be against dropping the 200 class.
Just my thoughts.

salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
The 200 class seams like a good choice for the young guns moving from the FES series or C Jr.

heck even the AMA has revived the 125cc 2t class :cool:
[read: typical Joe MX is fed up with the cost of running a 250 4t]

amateur motocross classes for 2008 will include:

* MX Lites (100cc-153cc 2-stroke/151cc-250cc 4-stroke);
* 125 Class (86cc-125cc 2-stroke only)
* Motocross (154cc-285cc 2-stroke/251cc-450cc 4-stroke);
* 250 Class (126cc-250cc 2-stroke only);
* Open (251cc-500cc 2-stroke/390cc-650cc 4-stroke).

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
It appears to me this thread has split between conformity in the districts and basic class structure. To me they are separate issues.
That the districts have different class structures was not a problem when we had the AMA Regionals in the '80's nor the Great Lakes Series in the '90's. Some riders would be in different classes for points depending on the situation. What this boils down to is that if a district doesn't have a certain class due to participation, you enter the next best for trophy at that event but still get points in your registered district class. I would let each district paddle it's own canoe and if they want to follow the leader - District 14 - carry on.

Young Ted

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
It is an issue when participating districts in multi-sanctioned events have different class structures. Each district points keeper has to go through and determine what riders belong to their district for points, and also move them into their district's recognized classes if the class the rider entered at the event is not a recognized class within the home district.

The representatives within each district have all agreed that aligning our class structures would help us with the logistics of managing, distributing, and processing event results, and maintaining series points. As part of the process to determine what classes make sense in that alignment, we're also evaluating the classes to determine if any should be eliminated, combined, or split.

The AMA also realizes that the current national class structure is somewhat out-dated, and are interested in making some adjustments (or at least a proposal) based on rider feedback from the districts.

I think the current D-14 structure has worked well this season, and could be a good model for other districts and the AMA to follow.

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
I think we need to do anything we can do to make it more efficient and easier for the clubs to run an enduro so they will keep doing them. Commonization and improved scoring procedures will only help. I would love to see us get to a barcode or rfid system that can be taken to every event. I would support having the riders fund the system via yearly dues and/or event fees.

UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
Heh- I agree with salgeek on this... I think Joe Average is a bit put off by the cost of maintaining today's four-stroke bikes. IMO, that is what will keep two-strokes alive.
salgeek said:
heck even the AMA has revived the 125cc 2t class :cool:
[read: typical Joe MX is fed up with the cost of running a 250 4t]

amateur motocross classes for 2008 will include:

* MX Lites (100cc-153cc 2-stroke/151cc-250cc 4-stroke);
* 125 Class (86cc-125cc 2-stroke only)
* Motocross (154cc-285cc 2-stroke/251cc-450cc 4-stroke);
* 250 Class (126cc-250cc 2-stroke only);
* Open (251cc-500cc 2-stroke/390cc-650cc 4-stroke).
After reading these posts (and trying to keep up with SmitDogs number crunching), I'm leaning toward something similar to the MX Lites and Motocross:

"Enduro Lites" 85cc-199cc 2-stroke/125cc-250cc 4-stroke
and
"Enduro Open" 200cc-500cc 2-stroke/251cc-650cc 4-stroke

My thinking is to keep what we think of as the "big bikes" ( 250 + 2 strokes, 400 + 4 strokes) together and the "little bikes" (85, 125 and 200 2 strokes and 250 4 strokes) together.

All JMO, of course... :nod:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I think we could keep discussing this topic for another 6 pages of text, but the REAL discussion needs to be at the leadership level of the Districts. If we can develop a common class system that would be great, but I am sure it will not be an easy process.

UP Magoo

Apr 4, 2002
Cagivaman500 said:
All I can gather from this is that the whole reason you want this class restructure is so you don't have to work. You took the job knowing what it entailed, now do your job. If you don't like it then don't accept the job next time around, but do not make a mess of a perfectly good running series before you leave.

Go back to your sewer, TROLL!

I don't think ANYONE has worked harder for the benefit of the District and for the benefit of Enduros than Smit-Dog.

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Ask and ye shall receive. :p

However, if I nuke someone that I shouldn't let me know right away.

Mully

scottyb479

Aug 16, 2006
I just got a brand new 2007 Cr 125 and now I am going to have to race it with the 250's that sucks. Hey DW can I used those pink handguards with my 08 125. Squidboy is on a whole other level. Maybe he should take over Tommy's job. Anyone know who he is?

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
What the heck is going on here? Did DW take over internet AFM school or sumptin? :pissed: :coocoo:

Jeez, we're just talkin' here guys. :cool:

Oh, by the way Randy Mastin is smoking every Super Senior in the USA on a Yammie YZ 125 - GNCC, HS, Enduro, OMA, you name it. Oh excuse me I guess it may be a mighty 144. :ohmy:

Oh, and THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO SMIT DOGGIE, I have seen score keeping & D 14 communication improve drastically this year because of your unselfish determination to get it right. You are a detail freak, a little anal retantive -but it's all good. :cool: THANKS!

scottyb479

Aug 16, 2006
Well I wont but this year I am AA and hurt. So next year I will be in the A class unless I sign up AA. C class would be fun but I think someone might have a problem with that.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
scottyb479 said:
I just got a brand new 2007 Cr 125 and now I am going to have to race it with the 250's that sucks. Hey DW can I used those pink handguards with my 08 125. Squidboy is on a whole other level. Maybe he should take over Tommy's job. Anyone know who he is?
Nope! The pink handguards are staying on the swag whore.

DW

salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
fatherandson said:
I think we could keep discussing this topic for another 6 pages of text, but the REAL discussion needs to be at the leadership level of the Districts.

Is this discussion inferior b/c the majority of us ain't district leaders?

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
salgeek said:
Is this discussion inferior b/c the majority of us ain't district leaders?

No what he means is that if the D 15, d 16, d17 d 23 and d 14 officers are not included in this on line conversation nothing will change. (Only one or two are aware of it as far as I can tell) gETTING ALL THOSE GUYS IN A ROOM TO COME TO AN AGREEMENT WILL BE NEARLY A MIRACLE. That's what he means-all the feedback here is useful in showing the guys that make decisions what the riders are looking for. Maybe if it's all printed in hard copy for them to read and discuss at an meeting that would help them. But they all have their personal views on this as well.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Salgeek - my comment was not directed at anyone. As Fred said, we can discuss it, disagree or find a common solution, but if the leadership of the districts or the club who promote the events do not agree, nothing will change.
I apologize if I offended anyone.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom