petethegreek

Mar 28, 2005
i haven't ridden either bikes. i have a yz 125. i need a new project and i'm thinking about the crf50 next for a mini. so my question is which one is a better buy. what i plan to do with either is basically modifying them- mostly suspension and engine. i have been reading other forums about the crf's and a lot of people are selling or trading their crf 50 for the klx110. why? getting bored or out grew the crf ? i don't know. so what are the main differences besides displacement. they both cost about the same and upgrades are around the same price too. how is the power delivery for these bikes?

nospeed

Jun 27, 2006
I have a DRZ110 (Suzuki version of KLX110) and here is why I chose it over a 50.

In stock form the engine is faster and can be ridden with only suspension mods.
The initial cost required to make the bike fit an adult is significantly less then a 50.

To me it handles closer to a full size bike then a 50.

There is nothing wrong with going the 50 route either. If you plan to race you may want to see what most people are using at your local track so that you have someone to race with.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Plus, a bigger motor from the start will have more potential power. If you can open a 50 up to 110, how big do you think a 110 will go? To make a serious pit bike out of a CRF50, you will have to change nearly everything, including the frame.

petethegreek

Mar 28, 2005
yeah i was thinking the same thing about 50cc vs 110cc. theres no replacement for displacement. how much bigger is the klx or drz vs the crf size wise. im going to the dealership later on to find out but maybe someone could tell me now.

petethegreek

Mar 28, 2005
im gonna go for the klx. i think this would be a better bike for me. thanks for the help. any more insight would be appreciated. so dont be scared to chime in.

Top Bottom