super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
When I read that Ryno was not going I thought for shure that Ferry would get the nod. I Know that Windham is one of the most talented riders out there but I'm not so sure about his heart. Every one was up in arms about Brown at Red Bud but the only thing that had me yelling at the tv was Kdub pulling over to let RC pass for the lead, he got me going at Buds Creek too. I like the guy but I hope he shows up to fight at the MXdN's.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Ferry was my choice too. Has Windham been on the team before? I can't remember....

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
What's he gonna ride? An RMF450? :confused: How are they going to incorporate him into the program & need for an open class rider?

If he has to take on Smets on his trick KTM 500+, using an RM250, well, good luck...:silly:

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Windham has already taken on Smets and his mighty KTM this year at Southwick and finished ahead of Smets in both motos.

Windham is ahead in the season standings over Ferry, has ridden great lately and was clearly the fastest guy at Washougal. K'dub would have a very legitimate beef if Ferry was picked ahead of him.

Another good reason to take Windham to make sure Roger has a yellow bike on the team, as Travis is one crash away from giving his spot over to Brown.

biker

Sep 22, 2000
Did Hughes get hurt? Why is he not going to be on the team? Is he going to be racing the big thumper this weekend?

Last edited:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Originally posted by dirt bike dave
Windham has already taken on Smets and his mighty KTM this year at Southwick and finished ahead of Smets in both motos.
I think Smets had the upper hand in that race, but faded back on purpose so as not to affect any points race. Wait and see next year . . .:think

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
Yes, Windam did beat Smets at Southwick on a track that he has raced at many times before, while smets had never raced it. The Des Nations will be different. It is going to be in Smets back yard and at a track that he has raced at many times before and Windam never. Dont let Smets mid top ten finish here fool you. He is every bit as fast as windam.

But whos gonna ride an open bike? And I hope they dont plan on using a 250 instead. I say send RC (250), Brown/Pastrana (125) and Ferry/LaRocket (426/450).............................................................................

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
The latest round of the GP's was at Namur, and Smets finished third, behind his countryman Everts and Bervoets, both on Yamahas.

Everts will almost certainly be the 500 World Champion. What if Everts wants to ride his 500? Where does that leave Smets? No disrespect to Smets as he is one of the all time greats, but if Everts is on the Belgian team Smets is the #2 rider.

BTW, last year the AMA had the nerve to race Ryno on a CR250 in the open class and that worked out OK. AMA results and MXdN history show that 250's are not at a disadvantage in the open class.

If Windham rides his RM250 like he did at Washougal, I like his chances against Smets or anyone else.

Ramski

Feb 6, 2001
Not sure which site I read it at, but if Rocko goes to MX des Nations, he said he would consider riding a CR500. I would love to see it, I'm not sure that makes sense, since he is now testing the CR450F. Will have to wait and see.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
ESPN2 showed the Washougal race today. It was a very European looking track, and Windham looked unstopable there IMO. Did you see Ricky try to use him as a berm when Kevin passed him? Problem was, when Ricky slid up into Kevins' line, KDub was already gone! Sweet!:p

MXbabe

Oct 9, 2000
Yea Windham looked awsome at Washougal. He has amazing balance did you see him slide around that turn feet up gas on? Nuts!!! We all know he has the talent.

biker

Sep 22, 2000
It looked like he was going to try to put KW off the track in that turn. I think he would have if KW wasn't already gone.
How about Pastrana's crash in the second moto. He really slammed the back of his head off the ground.Even Eckman and Bailey were suggesting that maybe he should take some time off. Hopefully this time off will do him some good.

Top Bottom