My first big jump!

TreeKiller

Oct 25, 2001
Guys,
I know for a lot of you this is nothing, but I jumped an 85 footer today. All can say is D$*# that's way better than a rollercoster. I did overjump it a couple of times (short landing face) and that"ll wake you up real good. I now think my arms are a couple mm shorter than this morning, but oh well. Just had to vent for a sec.

Thanks, :aj: :yeehaw: :yeehaw: :aj:

n8MX

Mar 27, 2001
Cool! :aj: I haven't made it quite that far yet... but getting close. :)

Glad you were OK... sounds kinda frightening with the short landing!

Andy

Person8

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 24, 2001
My longest jump is like maybe 8.5 feet, so you flew 10 times farther than I ever have. Way to go! So where's the pics?

Larry

TreeKiller

Oct 25, 2001
we didn't have a camera, but I'll get some the next time we ride. On one of the overjumps I must have sprained my wrist pretty good because it's pretty sore this morning. I ran through a 100 yd long whoops section about a hundred times yesterday too. I'm feeling my age today.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
1 trip thru the whoops and I'm WHOOPED. My longest table top was at Cooperland, about 65 feet. The 85 footer still has me skeert!:scream:

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I don't know anyone who would consider 85 ft nothing.

I am maritally prohibited from jumping anything more than 85 inches. :(

I see you're from NC...where was it?

TreeKiller

Oct 25, 2001
Gomer,
It was at a friends house. We live a little North of Greensboro. It's a pretty cool jump, but not quite as scary as a couple of the ones at the local tracks. At Thunder Valley (in Yadkinville) they have a 65' uphill triple that rises almost 6' from the top of the jump face to the landing. I don't quite have the Huevo's for that one yet. I been jumping about half way over this jump for over a year and finally worked up the nerve to clear it. I overjumped it once by about 10' and flatlanded it and I'm still sore as Sh*%. I had a nice brief view of the front fender before I got it back under control. I think MikeT may have seen this jump. Before he moved he used to ride with us sometimes but I think the jump may have been extended from 55' after he moved to Charlotte.

Kiwi MX

Oct 20, 2002
HAHA good effort bro!
:worship: And no, 85ft isnt something to be laughed at.

On one of our local tracks we have a 110ft double that need cones to mark the landing. The owners youngest son decided to do it on an XR400?!? Not sure if he was temporarily insane, drunk or stoned but the end results were a broken back! Luckily for him with no long term effects.

There's a Quad Jump with an Extremely short run up at Ohakune/Horopito that gets heaps of motorists stopping to watch the riders.... If I could just convince my Wife and my body that there is a small chance I could survive doing it... :)

"Remember kids it IS a dangerous sport..."

kdxracer577

Oct 25, 2002
Nice job on an 85 foot jump!! the most i ever done was a 65 foot table to table jump in Batavia located in western new york.

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
Originally posted by kdxracer577
Nice job on an 85 foot jump!! the most i ever done was a 65 foot table to table jump in Batavia located in western new york.

Are you talking about Batavia Motorsports park (I think thats is what its called)? Right off the I-90?? I've never ridden there but man, there is a monster table you can see clear as day from the highway. My mechanic races there all the time and says the track is pretty killer...

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Good job. I did my first 'real' jump today, only about 3-5 feet high, maybe 10 feet out but it was kinda cool, being in the air for more than a second. Next time I'm going to hit the kicker and get some more air. Have fun, ride safe.

TreeKiller

Oct 25, 2001
come on man, I've been called worse than that by my mom. Surely you can do better.
BTW, the man, is on his way over with the pics.

Last edited:

PAINFULRM

Sponsoring Member
May 27, 2002
I ONLY CLEARED A DOUBLE ONCE, THAT WAS AT COOPERLAND,IT WAS A GOOD JUMP[AS FAR AS MY STANDARDS WEN'T] BUT DIDN'T CATCH THE RIGHT HAND 90 FAST ENOUGH, FRONT WHEEL LOCKED, 2 RIBS POPPED. LIVE AND LEARN.............

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Eewww!!! You didn't tell us that you were on a *gasp* KTM!!! :p

Just kidding! Someone knew what they were doing when they built that jump. It looks like it has a nice, forgiving, landing area.

TreeKiller

Oct 25, 2001
It did that day. It was smothed and sloped out more that morning. It's real smooth if you don't get on it too hard and land out past the landing.

TWRT

Sep 13, 2001
Hey, that's me on the yz. That jump has grown from a small pile of dirt to the 70ft table top it is now. Take off to the very beginning of the landing is 70ft. When you over jump it, as Tree Killer did and I have (multiple times), it is easy to do 80-85ft. Ya gotta be on the gas on landing when you over jump, 'cause you land w/a thud....

Thanks for the compliment Gomer, I have been moving dirt slowly for 12 yrs.
I have beginner to intermediate people riding, so I try to make things entertaining but not too severe.

DH.

TreeKiller

Oct 25, 2001
Sorry, when Bob and I measured it I quess I remembered the overall length. I thought it was about 85'. Oh well, it's freakin big to me regardless. After looking at the pics it sure feels like your a lot higher than you really are. Gives me a new respect for those FMX and Areancross guys. DH, thanks much for your mucho grande dirt moving prowess.

TWRT

Sep 13, 2001
you know, I have put some more dirt on the end of it since I last measured. It may be longer, guess we will need to remeasure it..... my brain doesn't want to think that it may be THAT big....

reguardless, you over jumped it by 10-15 ft. It is a little troubling looking down and seeing the landing ramp pass by!

TreeKiller

Oct 25, 2001
I'm thinking this spring after the other work on the new property is done the guys and I will have to pony up for another visit from the dirt fairy. Not really for THAT jump though.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…