My Fun Putt Putt Ride with RetSenior

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
George is pretty fast (C Class Sandbagger), but can be talked into putt-putting now and then so I was glad he wanted to go to Hollister when everyone else was going to Clear Creek.  This was my first ride in nearly two whole months since I had the Wild Piglet crash and I wanted to see how the shoulder was going to work out on more forgiving trails (read: Not at Clear Creek). 

It must have been entertaining for RetSenior to watch me try to muck my way through the mud, I was sliding ALL over the place, going in circles not by choice.  I guess the key is speed, so he showed me how its done while I envisioned eating a mouthful of mud crashing at that speed. 

We did about 35 miles of fun trails.  The Rangers opened up the other side of the park after the sunshine dried up all the mud, so we were able to do a little more than just the green dots.  RetSenior even let me ride his 520 up those practice hillclimbs but could not talk me into trying out Competition Hill on it.  Another time (maybe).  How come you didn't want to ride my 250? ;)

Anyway, it was good to get out there and ride again after such a long time off, thanks for putting up with me and for providing a full day's worth of entertainment, George! 

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Sounds like fun, Natalie! Glad to hear the shoulder wasn't too bad.

As far as George 'providing a full day's worth of entertainment' - TMI! TMI! ;)

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
I gotta pay closer attention. I didn't know you had a hurt shoulder Natalie. I must be skipping the ride reports, so I don't feel like such a wannabe. What is this mud like?

Amadeus

Apr 10, 2003
Sounds like a fun day. Im gonna give HH a try next weekend. Post if you plan to be there again Im interested in meeting others from the board.

angry jim

Sponsoring Member
Aug 4, 2000
George is ALWAYS the entertainment!

I Love Hollister when it's raining or just rained. I rode friday for several hours in an absolute downpour. There were little rivers flowing down the trails, but you could still hook up.
Road at clear creek sunday and it was drying out fast but still way better than Hollister.
George, are you ready for some snow drifts?

RetSenior

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 15, 2000
I really enjoyed my day riding with Nat. I let her ride her pace and did not push her because her shoulder is still weak and sore and the riding in the mud made it a work out. I must admit we went through some long tough mud sections. The 2nd ride was awesome when they opened up the east section. Good dirt. I had fun just play riding around while watching Nat in front. 300 pounder on a 520 or 300 pounder on a 250, you do the math, not good. Nat thanks for everything.

OK Dave whats TMI! TMI!

Aimee...whats you talking about!!!

Jim...I'm ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boy there was a lot of ATV's at Holister Saturday and I mean a lot.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Originally posted by RetSenior

OK Dave whats TMI! TMI!

George,
It's internet shorthand for 'Too Much Information'.

Have fun at the Fools Gold this weekend. I hope the weather co-operates for you and CERA. Amy and I have our hands full with our second baby, so I'll have to miss it this year.

Top Bottom