Need help with my sons bike - no spark

toolman4

Sep 14, 2009
Anybody have a wiring diagram for a 1993 suzuki rm 250?

My son bought a 1993 suzuki rm 250. Owner started it fine, brought it home and was really hard to get going. Finally got it running and took it for a spin and sounded rough (hadn't been riddin in a while) so I cleaned the carb and it wasn't bad at all. Put carb back in and no spark. I didn't touch any electrical stuff when cleaning carb. Held the spark plug wire when kick starting and I can feel a little voltage. Could this be a bad coil and can the coil go bad if you pull the plug and ground it to the top of the head to check for spark because I had done that earlier? Changed spark plugs, have continuity through the coil, cleaned conections of coil to frame.

Last edited:

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
You'll need a service manual for specs so you can test all the ignition components. I had a 92 rm125 that ate a couple stators in the 3 or 4 years I had it.

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
Like Joe said. You should get a manual. The coil pri/sec resistance checks are easy with a multimeter. My buddies late 90's RM250 had a resistor cap on the plug wire that went bad.

toolman4

Sep 14, 2009
Thanks for the help. I'll check the cap. Anybody have the wiring diagram that they could post on here for the 93 suzuki rm 250?

tnutcher

Jan 10, 2008
I'm going through the same problem with my 91 rm250. pop off the flywheel/stator cover and see if it's rusted pretty bad. mine looked horrible, i'm hoping thats where mines problem is. Good luck to you - electronics are difficult for me compared to jetting or top ends
TNutcher

Top Bottom