kdxmachine

May 3, 2002
i bought what i was told is a 91 kdx 200 that was more or less neglected(dented up,oil filter and air box full of mud,dirt ,12 kitchen size towels turned black from dirt! i have tore it all down up to carb boot,swingarm,suspension,otherwise i have cleaned up everything else.the only bike experience i have was a honda sl 70 when i was a kid.i need some "motercycle maintanance for dummys" advice.i took carb apart,but am confused on clip raising,jetting,etc:i have oil coming out where the exhaust enters the engine and out the back of the exhaust.it actually runs pretty good except 1/4 to 1/2 throttle.do i have a bad crankcase seal?running to rich?32:1 is what i am at.b8es plug.it started screaming when i would start it so i took carb off to clean it and noticed grooves in the bottom of the float bowl underneath right float.ideas?i really love this bike and want to get her back to running the way she was maent to run.ive spent 90%of my time cleaning her and admiring this beast,wich dont get me wrong,i really enjoy but its time to ride.ive learned a lot from this site and am gratefull i found it.any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

gooby

Nov 8, 2001
hi ryan could u give more info,what yr for sure,jets in there now,needle pos now,pas,any mods .raising the clip lowers the needle = leaner circuit ,dropping has opposite effect.

BucKat

~SPONSOR~
Mar 27, 2002
Ryan,,,on the top of the cylinder head you'll find a stamped 2 digit code such as E1, E2, E3, E4 or E5.I'm guessing yours will be E3 which stands for the 91 model yr.

E1 89
E2 90
E3 91
you get the picture!!
Joe

Top Bottom