LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
I've gotten word from a reputable dealer that Hi-Point boots are no longer being made. I was looking for a pair for my husband-- he wants a new pair, and refuses to consider any of the stiff, plastic-filled boots like Tech-8's, etc.
He's been very happy with his leather & steel Hi-Points up til now, but they are in need of replacement.
So what are his choices now? Alpinestars M6 was suggested-- I know those don't have as much plastic in them.

Any suggestions from old Hi-Point users--what are you wearing now?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Dave digs old school? Here's your boot.
http://www.motonation.com/item.asp?cid=11&scid=116&pid=251&rdir=1

00000251.jpg

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Sweeettttt :)

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
MxJosh-- coincidentally enough, Dave wears a size 13! I'm just not sure if he wants to become one of the GWB club... :ohmy:

But I'll ask!

If I may ask, what boots are you wearing instead of the Hi-Points?

Mar 13, 2001
Uhh. . . Josh, thanks for the offer but there is NO WAY I'm joining the GWB club. :yikes:

Okie, I'm not really old school I just can't ride wearing ski boots. I also have an old set of early Alpinestars that are all plastic on the inside. When they "bend" they feel like they are trying to saw through my legs just above the ankle.

I'm thinking about a set of Gaerne Balance boots since I'm spending a lot of time on the trials bike these days.

ORW

The great thing about government is that it ensures full employment for the ethically challenged.

Lonewolf

May 30, 2002
i looked at an old pair of hi-points that my friend has laying in is garage and they looked like there was no anke protection at all. you might be better off buy a pair of tall work boots.

vic580

May 9, 2002
I have a pair of High Points from 1972,Scott boots and tech 8's,the Hi points are awsome for feel and comfort although obviously lacking in ankle protection.I am currently looking for a modern replacement to compare to the feel of the Hi points but with more ankle protection,not enough feel in the Tech 8's. :cool:

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
vic580 said:
Go to alpinestars.com,they still have them on there website.

Yeah, I see that they are listed as the "Supervictory" boot! That's great, but where the heck can we buy them? A Google search sure doesn't bring up much.

Top Bottom