wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Help a fellow Spode!

Hey all-
I plan on making the trip up either Thursday night, (doubtful), or Friday morning. Im trying to work something out w/ Lori to pick up my KTM from her. She and Dave were cool enough to haul it back from DW 01 for me, and Id like to get it asap. If any of you guys think you might be able to grab it for me and take it over to EBMX, I will gladly "pay" you for your trouble. Either PM Lori, or just post here if you have any ideas! Thanks, and see you all on the 12th for sure! :cool:

WO

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Wayne,
Lori already contacted me and I’m 75 to 90% sure I can bring it. I’ll know for sure by next Monday.

You certainly don’t have to pay me anything…maybe just let me roost the “Teflon” YZF :p

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
COOL!

No problem Dave. But remember, you gotta get in front of me to roost me! :p

Of course the least I could do is provide you with a few beverages. What flavor would you prefer?

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
WoodsRider, if you need help setting up, I'd like to show up on Wed night and stay through Fri till noonish. So I should be there Thursday morning to help out.
Right now it all depends on one of my co-workers getting "un-sick" by next week.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
unfortunatly no, it might be more like 2 at the very latest. We've got a big event happening that night on . . . yup you guessed it, the farm. :(
Either way 1and 1/2 days is better than none :)
I'll be mounting my new tires this week :p y'all better watch out!

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
yum yum gooood!

Count me in from Friday am til Sat afternoon.

Im getting hungry for some roost RM_Guy! :) Hope you can swing it. I'll make it worth your while! :eek:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Wayne,
Lori and Dave are dropping your KTM at my house next Wednesday. I hope there’s still gas in it :p

All I want is for you to do someone else a favor when the occasion arises:)

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
ALLRIGHT!!!

Dave, feel free to ride it, and give me some feedback!
Since Ive never had one, (a KTM), it would be nice to get some ideas from a 2-stroke owner. I think it may need rings, or possibly a top-end. I also know the fork seals are a bit leaky. I will gladly take any advice that will help me get it in top shape. Other than those two things, it should be fine, I think!? :scream:

I have no problems helping my DRN buddies out-ever. You are all major league buds as far as Im concerned. :)

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Less than a week to go

So far here's everyone:
dirtybkr - Thur. - Sat.
Papakeith - Thur. & Fri.
RM-guy and 2 friends - Fri. & Sat. (?)
Trigger1911 and friend - Thur. & Fri. (?)
wayneo426 - Thur. (?) - Sat.
WoodsRider - Thur. - Sat.

That isn't many. If I've left out anyone please post below. I'll be camping right there. I got a sun shower and a portable propane heater for my tent. If it gets too cold, you'll find me in my truck. For those of you who are still unsure, there is an ECEA hare scramble on Sunday at Coeymans Hollow, 20 mins. south of Albany.

Papa - I'll probably show up between 9 and 10 on Thursday. I'd invite you to stay at my place Wednesday night, but the guest bedroom (and most of the house) is filled with boxes. We're moving at the end of the month.

Last edited:

dirtybkr

Mar 17, 2000
I will be there on Thursday , just not sure what time yet . If I can flush early it will be about noon , if not 3:00 . Will be staying thru Sat. Woodsrider , what are you bringing as far as camp gear ? I have a Colmen stove and gass habatie (sp) plus cook wear .

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Camping supplies

I've got a huge tent with an air bed and a heater. Also got a camping stove, a small Weber grill and a deep fryer. The only thing I don't have is a portable table, but that's what tailgates are for. ;) Had an EZ-Up, but the moving company lost it. :(

If everyone wants to pitch in and cook potluck dinners that's fine with me. Wayneo promised something about greasy donuts and coffee for breakfast... I think he's wimping out and geting a hotel room. Doesn't want to share in the apres ride... Wayneo, we're all going to stink. :scream:

dirtybkr

Mar 17, 2000
I'm in for the pot luck deal . Also I have a rather large tarp we can jerry rig to some trees . I have some fire wood too but not sure how much room I will have in the truck . Ah , Bill , you weren't offering to share that air bed , were you ?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I’ll only be there for Friday but I will bring a EZ-up, 2 if it looks like rain. I’m disappointed that more people haven’t signed up especially since we had 20 show up at the first one. What happened to everyone else?

Dirtybkr, If Bill offers to share his bed with you, run away as fast as possible but run while you’re facing him. Ya don’t want to give him any opportunities :p

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
I REALLY stink!

Especially after a day of riding, but if you guys can bear it, so can I! Ahhhh, the aroma!!!
I cant get away til Friday am. I will leave the Island early, (6-7am) so that should get me in by 11. Hopefully, I will find a Dunkin Donuts on the way between Albany and Eagle Bridge. I'll grab some donuts, and what 8 coffees?? As far as pot luck goes, my best cooking is chips and salsa, and maybe some heros. Maybe the wife will brew something up
for us- :scream: ! On second thought.......
Im hearing snow, (BS?) on Monday upstate. You guys know better than me, but I also plan on bringing an air mattress, (only room for one Bill), Im sure they'll be plenty of hot air to blow it up! ;)
No hotel for me. Im on a "fixed" budget these days!
PS- Silver Bullet really wants to go, but the hand is still in rehab, and my other buds needed more than 3 miles of trails, so they backed out.
:( Beware, I am bringing my NEW digital cam!

dirtybkr

Mar 17, 2000
Snow?

Naaa, extended forcast , tho highly unreliable says Thursday - sunny and cool with a high of 66 low of48 .Friday-mostly cloudy ,high 66 low 50 Saturday -Rainy , high 64 low 45 .

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Directions

dirtybkr-How long should it take from Albany? Do you have any direx from there to EBMX?

dirtybkr

Mar 17, 2000
About 1 hr. no. of Albany
Wayne , they are located by the intersections of Rt.67 and 22 .Take the Thruway to I-87 No. and get off at exit 9 , take a right at the end of the exit and follow rt 146 to Mechanicville . Then turn LEFT on to rts 4 and 32 to head into town . After passing under the RR tracks you will see a McDonalds , turn right , take your next left . Rt 67 should be on your right in the center of town , follow it to EBMX .The sign is very small and on the right hand side of the road . If you get to rt 22 you went to far . Look here , this should help , http://www.ebmx.net/directions/MapToTrack.jpg

Edited by dirtybkr on 08-20-2001 at 08:13 PM

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
dirtybkr - Sorry Charlie, I won't be sharing my bed!

wayneo - The trick to not smelling bad is to feed everyone else pork and beans. :eek:

Let's get some ideas for potluck meals. I thought about deep frying a turkey, but with only a few people showing up it's not worth the expense. Any ideas out there?

The weather is supposed to warm up between now and Thursday. They are some reports of rain, but if it's anything like what we had Saturday I wouldn't worry. Anyone that's not coming due to the lack of trail will definitely be missing out. Of course I haven't been to EBMX since the HS, but the single track that's there kicks a$$ over those quad trails at Modena. More hills and fewer rocks.

dirtybkr

Mar 17, 2000
Pheeeww

I was a little woried after that wolf whistle you gave me when you caught me in my BVDs last time @ EBMX . As far as pot luck I think I will bring a bunch of chicken parts and grill them , also some Bacon , eggs and coffee for the mornings .For a little bed time snack I could put together some nachos , that should inhance the aroma .

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
If someones bringing a grill, I will bring some chicken. I'll also bring some munchies for the late evening. How are we doing with firewood? Still having a bonfire?

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I've got some firewood that I can bring. Not a whole lot, but it should give us fire for at least a night, maybe two.

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
I think there's some firewood in the back yard at my rental dump. I'll check tonight. I'm bringing a little Weber grill and a propane campstove.

dirtybkr

Mar 17, 2000
Jib lives 10 min. away and he has wood , if we need more we can grab it from there . I am bringing a small gass grill also . It looks like only 3 for dinner and breakfast thurs. night and Fri. morn and then 8 or so for dinner on Fri .I think I will also throw in some dogs and rolls for lunch .

Top Bottom