o ring chain on 200

Hi any body with first hand experience on an oring chain on a late model (01) kdx 200. I bought a DiD 520v oring thinking I would be done with spraying and then flinging chain lube all over my kdx, I went to install it and it has very little clearance between the chain and the cases, I 'm talking so little that im sure it will graze the case if I land sideways or you get the point . the chain measures three quarters or 20 mil wide ,about an eighth wider than stock. I stuck on renthal sprockets. is there a front sprocket that is offset for such an occasion as mine? any body with time and knowledge please respond, thanks jammin jer

prk03

Subscriber
I put a RK x-ring 520 on my 01 200 with stock chain guide. I have had no problems after 15 enduros. Best money I ever spent. I use PJ1 o-ring lube. Good stuff. Also sunstar sprockets steel.

I have an '02 200 (same bike, different stickers) and I am currently running
a DID 520V O-ring chain on Renthal sprockets. I have not had any issues with
the lesser amount of clearance than the stock chain and countershaft sprocket,
and I've been riding with this setup all summer. I did swap out the stock
chain guide for a Fredette unit, but I didn't check whether the chain would
have rubbed on the stock one first. It shouldn't present a problem for you
to run an O-ring, after all the 220 uses the same cases as the 200, and it
comes stock with an O-ring chain.

KelvinKDX

Lifetime Sponsor
Originally posted by jruggery
the 220 uses the same cases as the 200, and it
comes stock with an O-ring chain.
That about sums it up.

DID 520 VM X-ring on my 99 KDX200 with never a problem.

thank all of you for your time to reply to my oring question, it seems simple but I didnt want to take a chance and thrash the case. I called fredette racing this morning and he informed me that the 220 comes stock with a did520 0ring and that the clearance must not be an issue he said he runs an rk oring on his 200 . thanks again for your info p.s this 200 is nevada street legal so I ride out of my house and into the desert,no more trailer except on long hauls out to commi california. jammin jer

Braahp

Subscriber
"I bought a DiD 520v oring thinking I would be done with spraying and then flinging chain lube all over my kdx"

Where do people get these ideas? You still have to lube it just like a non o-ring chain.

dhoward

Lifetime Sponsor
Originally posted by Braahp
"I bought a DiD 520v oring thinking I would be done with spraying and then flinging chain lube all over my kdx"

Where do people get these ideas? You still have to lube it just like a non o-ring chain.
Well. not really. You see, the purpose of an o-ring chain is to keep the lube IN the chain, and the dirt out. I just hose it off and hit it with some WD-40.
:)