Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend by the name of Common Sense, who had been with us for many years.

No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.

He will be remembered as having cultivated such valued lessons as knowing when to come in out of the rain, why the early bird gets the worm and that life isn't always fair.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you earn) and reliable parenting strategies (adults, not kids, are in charge).

His health began to rapidly deteriorate when well intentioned, but overbearing regulations were set in place.

Reports of a six-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate, teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch, and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition!

It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer an aspirin to a student, but could not inform the parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Finally, Common Sense lost the will to live, as the Ten Commandments became contraband, churches became businesses, and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense finally gave up the ghost after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot , spilled it in her lap, and was awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents -- Truth and Trust, his wife -- Discretion, his daughter -- Responsibility, and his son -- Reason.

He is survived by Two Stepbrothers -- My Rights and Ima Whiner.

Not many attended his funeral, because so few realized he was gone.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
 :thumb:

dthoms

Oct 6, 2002
Tony,
You have some good post, and this is one of them.
Just last year my daughter broke her ankle and wanted to go back to school as soon as possible. I was proud of the fact she wasn't using a little broken bone and a cast stop her from going to school.
But then the school calls, because Samantha wants to take a asprin for the pain. The Doctor in fact said she should take a Advil about once every 4 hours. Long story short my wife had to go to the school and take my daughter off school property just to give her an Advil, because she didn't have the correct form filled out be the doctor.
You know you think they would have noticed the cast.
Needless to say my wife has more patients than I do.
DT

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Oh Tony, all is not lost, for I, as we speak, am working in my lab to try in piece him back together, he may not be pretty, but he only has to stay in my home for the time being.

We have named him Frankensence

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
JP,
I hope his first name isn't Al.....because Al aint got no sense of any sort!

Sad, but true post, Tony- Bravo.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
:( Sad but true Tony. :|

It seems that the inmates are now running the asylum.

Top Bottom