Ooops Anyone riding in So. Cal 8/13-8/17?

MXDad

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 25, 2000
Can't make Sunday trails, looks like we're taking the whole family to the track on Sunday am. Ol 89r - are you going to be at Elsinore Wed the 15th? Hope to see you there. too. I know you won't want to miss LT's return there on the 22nd also.

Bill Purcell

Jan 25, 2000
Wow, off the computer for a few days and look what I miss!

Looking forward to meeting up with everybody at Elsinore. Can't wait for LT's comeback.
Bill

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
MXDad.

I am going to try to make it on Wed. Would like to get there early and get a few laps in before it gets too hot. Who all is planning on being at Elsinore? I definitely want to be there for LT's comeback. That could be worth the price of admission.

Scar. We will be doing those trails and also a few that you guys haven't seen yet>:scream: You gotta make it Scar, it won't be the same without lifting that heavy gd*%%3da)*^nmm!@^%$ Honda back on the trail. Oh, that's right, you got a lighter bike now.

Holeshot. Check your PM's.

Elk. Wish you could make it Sunday. It might be fun to have a Chippie chasing us around. Usually it's the Sheriff.;) :p You have a bubble gum machine on that Suzuki don't you? Otherwise it may not be the same.

Last edited:

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
Ol89'r -- you done helpin'? Is there a single track ride still alive? Have you figured out the 15th / 22nd thing yet? I'm certain, now, that we need to test you in our device.

Dad -- see you on the 22d.

Anyone else: Is anyone going Sunday am besides Ol89r?

Bill Purcell

Jan 25, 2000
I'll be at Elsinore on Wed. the 15th.

So, what's the deal with the trail rides? Do you need a spark arrester, green sticker, ect.? Since I've only been on the tracks for the past year and a half (can't get enough of them), I'd have to find my registration and get a spark arrester.

Let me know, I'd like to give one of the seemingly legendary Ol'89r trail rides/walk/push/pull a try.

Bill

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Ol'89r, LT, Holeshot, anyone- are we still on for Sunday 8am at the fire station?

Please let me know who is still in. I am.

Last edited:

MXDad

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 25, 2000
Bill, Ol89r, you have to ride Elsinore Wed the 22nd to see the return of Longtime. I (and ELK) will be there on the 15th early am as well. Maybe if we can save a few others from the darkside, we can get them out on the 15th as well. Surely the Sunday trail ride will satisfy the single track need. :p

Ol89r- it's been pretty nice early at Elsinore. They seem to be letting people start riding well before 9. Let me know whcih days you'll be there and what time and we can snag one of the big shade canopys. Bill and I really need you to show us how to properly turn a motorcycle!!

LT - Matt's looking forward to riding with Connor again. The kid's tracks are in good shape, they'll have a blast.

We definitely need ride reports from Sunday if you guys get out. Have fun!

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
I'm in for the Sunday trail ride. I want to make sure Ol89'r doesn't get eaten by mountain lions.

Bill:

Spark arrestors aren't required because we're not supposed to be riding there anyway. :eek:

Last edited:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Sunday, Sunday, Sunday.

LT, et all. Sunday ride still on, 8:30 at the fire station.

Bill. We highly recommend spark arresters. Since some of the land we ride is in the National Forest. We wouldn't want to burn it down. Green and red stickers are optional.

MXDad. Don't know about showing anyone how to turn a motorcycle. Mine usually turns itself. I just hang on and hope it's heading in the right direction.:scream:

Ok, it's 7:15, you guys better get loaded up.

fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
Who's still on for this Wednesday on the single track?

MXDad,
I just went to Elsinore this weekend and they're letting people in at 8 for summer hours.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Fred, D-C-M-G.

We did a single track ride yesderday. Had a great ride. The only downside was, LongTime bailed on us, so, there was a whole section dedicated just to him that we did not do.:p Boy, he better have a good excuse.;)

Maybe someone will post a ride report.

It looks like Wedensday, a few of us are going to Elsinore for a early morning ride on the track.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Finally I have an excuse for being in the back, gotta chase people cause I do it all day anyway, wouldn't want to lose my touch. Thanks for the help in advance. See, you guys ARE alot of help, always concerend for others well beings! No bubblegum machine on the Zuki, but if you like, I can carry a laser light with me and lock on you guys for fun. See you at 8 on Wed.

Elk

fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
Ol'89r,

Dang! I really had my heart set on the single track. Unless I can talk someone into going some other day this week? If not I might meet up with you guys on Wednesday at Elsinore. Do you guys do the big track or the Vet's?

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by fred2
Do you guys do the big track or the Vet's? [/B]

Fred. I don't know about the other guys, I'm still trying to figure out the Pee-Wee track.:confused:

Maybe, we can put a late afternoon ride in later on in the week. Let me see how the work week goes.

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
Fred -- I guess Ol89r never did figure out this thread, eh? That we were going to do single track this Wednesday, and mx the next. That MXDad, though, was doing track on both, for anyone that wanted that option.

Ol89r -- who said I could go on Sunday? That was the point of going on Wednesday. Far as I knew, only you and Scar talked about Sunday -- til the last moment.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I ride on any track that I don't get passed on, once I get passed by the water truck, that's my clue to go home! During the week it seems like there's not alot of people on any of the tracks. I saw the last time that they were either changing the vet track or combining it with the 80 track, not sure, it was a month ago. The big track has been really nice, alot of timing jumps, yet also forgiving for those of us who have jobs and a house!

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by LongTime
Fred -- I guess Ol89r never did figure out this thread, eh?

Ol89r -- who said I could go on Sunday? That was the point of going on Wednesday. Far as I knew, only you and Scar talked about Sunday -- til the last moment.

Geeze, some guys sure get moody when they don't get to go riding.:eek:

If you guys want to do some single track Wedensday, let me know. You are welcome to park here.

Ol'you-know-who.

Last edited:

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
I'm not moody. I'm not, I'm not, I'm not! . . . . . I just didn't want any confusion (spelled "s*&%") that I bailed on the ride. (I was always a Wed. single track guy). As to Wednesday, poor ol' Fred-don't-call-me-George is just gonna' have to go MX'in, it looks like.

fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
I NEVER GET MY WAY!!!! WaAAAAaaa!!! Ok I'll go to the dang track with you guys on Wednesday. Just as long as you don't make me go to work.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I could sit and watch you guys all day here! I'm having a little problem with my eye, I can't see going to work Wed. If there's an optomotrist in the house, could he meet me at Elsinore Wed. morning.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Dr. Bill, calling Dr. Bill. Are you there? Can you write a excuse/perscription for elk for Wednesday?

Bill Purcell

Jan 25, 2000
Wow, looks like the Wednesday MX Ride is really shaping up! Can't wait to meet up with everybody.

I usually ride mostly on the main track, but the vet track is in good shape now, so it's a lot of fun too. A lot of times MXDad and I head over there when the wind picks up and we're both too chicken (I guess I shouldn't speak for Dad--I get too chicken) to do some of the jumps.

And for you singletrack guys, parts of the vet track are tight and twisty--no not single track, but like fred2 said, it sure beats being at work.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I'm about ready to pack up and go right now. With this buildup we've been creating, it better not suck! My luck, I'll foul a plug right off the bat. I'll have the blue ez-up canopy setup and ready for some shade. If there's room with the elk and the 01 rm underneath, you all can grab a spot! haha We can jump until it blows us off to the vet track, then I can bring up the rear cause I can't turn for poop.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000

Good luck to anyone trying to keep up with Ol' on the Elsinore vet track. Tight, slippery corners are one of his specialties. Now if I could only lure him to Starwest......

I still can't quite understand this thread - most posting here are going to Elsinore on Wed and the following Wed (LT's return). :think

I can only fake sick for one day (my employee review is next week).......

Top Bottom