bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Sounds like a great time! If anyone wants to come up to Little Pend Oreille to show off their new skills and ride with Michelle some more, we will be heading to LPO for this weekend.

Click here

We had the pleasure of meeting zero_it, her friend Lisa, Kokanee and his buddy Gordy and their wives this past weekend at LPO. Lisa & zero_it held their own class little class teaching the boys how to eat their dust!!!

4EverOrange

~SPONSOR~
Mar 9, 2003
Bbbom -

It says I have to be a member to access your link. I thought I was a member???

I am totally bummed, it looks like I won't be able to make it this weekend. Sorry for the late notice, but I only found out for sure on Friday right before heading to the camp. I have a birthday party that I can't get out of. :( Bummer.

Maybe some other time.

LocoCD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 22, 2000
It was a great trip to the NW. My wife Jane aka: Pink and daughter Ashley had a wonderful time. They learned so much and talked the whole way home about 3 things:
1) going out this weekend to practice skills/drills.
2) going back next year, and
3) when are we getting a trials bike?

My son and I really enjoyed ourselves, we didn't even bother unloading our bikes on Sunday, we just wanted to help and watch. It was amazing to see the improvement the ladies made. Each day, each drill, heck - each lap of the "test sections" showed improvement! And they were so focused and serious!

Nichole - my son, Jared wants to thank you for the impromptu trials class. The 30 minutes he spent on your bike will start us into a new sport!

Last edited:

jennifer

Apr 3, 2002
As usual, I am late to write! I cannot stop thinking about the class, the drills, and all of my weaknesses. Can't wait to get out and practice. Too bad we cannot do this more than once a year!

I was great meeting all of the new people this year and riding with those who returned! I am up for a N. Cal ride anytime if any of you want to plan something.

Special thanks to our instructors, Nicole, Kerry and Andrea. It was a great year once again. And Ellen and Marshall, what can I say, you two are incredible people to allow thirty 9+ dirtbikes onto your property for the weekend! It was good to see you both.

I thoroughly enjoyed the class and look forward to next year!

Jennifer
KTM 250RFS

The Ant

Jan 3, 2002
Jennifer,
Don't know if you found it yet, but photo #99 in Kali's group has you successfully riding off the end of the Boards From Hell, cool as a cucumber!!!
-Susan
BBR230

jennifer

Apr 3, 2002
Yep Susan, I saw it. Kali knew just when to take the picture... I only succeeded 100% 1x.

I enjoyed the boards... just couldn't quite get it. Ruts are the worst part of my ride.

The Ant

Jan 3, 2002
Haha, they WERE fun, just really difficult, altho I did succed a couple of times and then it seemed so easy, like what's the problem? There's something pschological that happens as soon as you elevate the track...extra bad for a target fixater like myself. So much of this is mental it's amazing. Had to pretend it was a line painted on the grass to even come close.
-Susan
BBR230

MudnRocks

Apr 15, 2003
Hi y'all!

Jeff and I just got back home. Since we were down that way we took in some more sights in S. OR and N. CA. What beautiful country!!!

I had such a blast! It was so wonderful to meet everyone and to get to ride with some of you gals, Natalie, Brenda, Michelle, Sara B, Amy, Belle, and I know I'm missing someone is it Laura? What a very special time, and interesting, and funny.... I sure wish I was a little closer, it would be great to be able to ride with you more often, and to get to ride with everyone I met but didn't get to ride with. Natalie, you might of liked following me but I think you did great when you led, remember to look at the flowers. lol.

Ellen and Marshall, Thank you for being such wonderful hosts and putting this all together. It was perfect.

Nicole, Andrea and Kerri, Thank you all for not only being patient but for making it interesting and fun, especially Kerri's uphill crash! I couldn't have done it any better. lol,lol.

To all the volunteers, you guys were all so great!! Thank you for your encouragement and help on the different sections and in the bike set ups.

What an awesome group of people. Can't wait to see you all next year!
Happy Trails

Kimberly

DoubleBlip

May 22, 2002
Hi Everyone,

Sorry it's taken me so long to write - you guys are much better at this forum stuff than I - ha!

I just wanted to thank you all for coming to the school. It was a pleasure once again to pass on some of what I've learned through the years to such a wonderful bunch of ladies. You all are so determined, tough, fun, and getting better and better - I love it! A huge thank you to Ellen and Marshall for organizing everything (which I know was a heap of work), and to all the male unit volunteers.

So next year I figure we'll have a huge "Advanced" class - right?

Take care,
Kerrie

The Ant

Jan 3, 2002
Hopefully by next year I'll be so much better that I'll feel like I actually belong in the "Advanced Group" instead of mostly being over my head!! It was really a good challenge, and I managed to self-rescue each time I got myself into trouble... "oooh Susan, was that YOU in the bottom of that ditch?" Or no, Kevin rode my bike out once, thanks Kevin! It was great knowing you guys were there to help.
-Susan
BBR230

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
Susan's not giving herself enough credit. This last Sunday she went on a 34 mile ride last Sunday "with the boys" and did just fine. We may have skipped 1 or 2 of the "death trails" ... but for the most part, she rode everything we did and ran the same pace. Did some major hills, very technical trails, and some "pucker-up" down hills. :scream: Pretty damn amazing. Could really see the difference in her skill level and comfort level.

And because she dressed properly, when it started to rain, the ride leader hollered, ".. back to the cars!" before she did. :confused:

I'm very proud of her....

And very thankful to Nicole, Kerrie, and Andrea, and to Ellen and Marshall... for all their help in making Susan a much better, safer rider... who is now having even more fun! :worship:

Thanks mooches!! - RandyB (aka, "E-Ticket")

jennifer

Apr 3, 2002
Susan- You merited the advanced class. I think you were less on the ground than I! I like riding in tougher groups... you helps you put things and perspective and motivates you to work harder to step things up a bit. I can't wait to see how much everyone has improved next year!

Jen

Top Bottom