Yogurt

~SPONSOR~
Dec 25, 1999
I have a quick question. I heard that in 2004, that no overboring of any bike will be allowed in the amatuer local classes? It used to be, that you could bore your bike up to 2mm, or .080in over. But that's no longer allowed for 2004? I know that in AMA Pro, no overboring is allowed, and at other places like Loretta's and Mini-O's and such. Just wondering about the rules on the Amatuer level. Thanks.

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
You are correct, they stopped all the overboreing. well lets say they made it illegal,
mainly due to the smaller machines where .80 over made a big difference.

going to be interesting to see how this rules is enforced and or even if the riders will protest on it.

i actually voted to leave it alone and maintain the overbore but I was out voted by a huge margin, think the factorys were in on this one.

wardy

yzrider112

Jun 19, 2003
So does this mean no more 134cc overbores in 125's? Ive never raced an ama race in a mod class always 125cc stock but i was planning on it until now.

Vytas

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 31, 2001
I can see having this new rule for 2004 bikes, but what about all the riders/racers that have done this when it was legal? There should have been a "grandfather" clause.

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
this rule will be enforced about as stringently as the AMA's decibal limit... for most of those kits the only way to tell its a 134 is to rip the bike apart and look...

CRSpeedy

Nov 24, 2002
mxer842 said:
this rule will be enforced about as stringently as the AMA's decibal limit... for most of those kits the only way to tell its a 134 is to rip the bike apart and look...
If someone protests, I guess that's what you'll have to do. I doubt many ppl will protest at the local level. I think I would feel funny Protesting a 134 especially if I were on a 250f. Should be interesting to see if anyone does tho.

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
this is just another one of the AMA's rules that might look good on paper but will be near impossible to enforce with any kind of consistency.

Top Bottom