gxdragon

Nov 13, 2002
Scooter, I can make July 4th. My brother is also a possible for the 4th and his neighbor may bring a group of ATVs. I'm still waiting to hear definate plans from him. What time will you be there Friday?

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
I will be ther between 8 and 9, but you do realize that those 4 wheeled things don't fit on the single track.

gxdragon

Nov 13, 2002
I already brought that up. They will form their own group I guess he will just be traveling with them. Maybe we will meet up with them for lunch.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I wish I could make it. I have a business trip to New Hampshire on Monday for a few days and then vacation the rest of the week. This weekend is gonna be for working around the house:(

gixer

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2001
Man I wish I could meet you guys up there. I went to Camp Jeep last weekend so I should stay around the house this weekend with the family. I will snoop around though and see if I can make it.
Steven

Chief

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Aug 17, 2001
Guys/Gals,

Hope you have a great time at Paragon & a Super 4th. Once again I won't be making this one. I have a vacation to attend :laugh: But I should make Paragon this year. I hope you get some good weather conditions as well. Nice to see more and more people doing Paragon.

RM_GUY,

Have a great vacation too buddy. We'll hook up this season I'm sure.

JUST A FRIENDLY REMINDER TO ALL: Light Fuse and Run Like Hell !!!

Chief

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
Hey Chief,
Let me know when you can make it to paragon and I'll try also. Haven't been down since last year on St. Patricks Day. Maybe this time there won't be any snow. :)

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I can't make the 4th...being dragged to the beach. We should plan an August ride, say the 16th or 17th.

gxdragon

Nov 13, 2002
Work around the house? beaches? vacation? well, ok vacation. C'mon where's your priorities? Lets ride:yeehaw:!

Scooter, I should be there by nine on Friday. In case you forgot silver subaru forrester towing a KLX400.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
gxdragon, I know there are some of those 4 wheeled things coming with you, but and other bikes in your group that might be tagging along, or is it just the 2 of us rippin through the trails?

gxdragon

Nov 13, 2002
I talked to my brother. It doesn't look like the quads will be coming this time. My brother does air-conditioning, refrig. repair so he has been really busy lately and hasn't given me a definite answer. Based on our last conversation I will say that he is probably coming but if not then it's just the two of us rippin up some trails.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
gxdragon,

I hope you see this before you leave, I will be a little late tomorrow, I should be there around 10:00 instead of 9:00.....see you then

gxdragon

Nov 13, 2002
Well unfortunately I didn't get scooters' message before I left so I showed up at about 8:50. My brother was an hour behind he arrived at 10:00. Just as my brother finished getting his gear together Dan pulled up in his truck. He said he would need about twenty minutes or so to get ready so we went to hit some trails while we waited. I believe the small loops we took were as follows: Foundations, bunny loop and chicken run. On chicken run I came to the top of a hill and stopped. I looked down to see a steep hill with very large rocks that you had to go around. Nerviously I picked my line and went for it, success :). I stopped at the bottom to see how my brother handled it. He stopped the same way I did to pick his line. It was very unexpected on this trail.

We rode back to the parking lot to get Dan. He led toward the single track much of it he said was newly cut and I believe it is not yet on the map. Dan's bike stalled and he could not get his electric start to work. He eventually found a hill to bump start it on. We got back to the main road and his bike died. He had to get his truck to pick up the cannondale but luckily he also brought his KTM. It was lunch time so we hung out for a while to eat.

During this period I don't recall how it came up but my brother made a comment on how slow I was and that we could go much faster if they didn't have to wait for me. Well for some reason I wasn't able to get into a rhythm that morning and I was moving kind of slow but not after that comment.

The rest of the afternoon I was right on their heels I wasn't letting them out of my sight. There were a couple of rocky hill climbs which I could have easily passed my brother but I knew that would have started a battle so I just took the satisfaction of knowing that at least on the rocky hills I was faster :p.

The afternoon was great Dan took us on some really good single track. One minute it would be smooth hard pack the next you're riding over rocks. There were also numerous hills, some pretty dam steep. Going up hill is easy, going down I was too cautious and too slow. I would try to slow my decent and go around everything after a while I was watching those guys just riding right over the rocks going down hill. I said the hell with it and just let go, it wasn't too bad my bike just went over the rocks no problem.

We came out of one section of trail and stopped for a moment. I looked back on the ground and said what is that horse cr-p we rode through. Dan nodded yes. Then I looked at my boot what the hell is that on my boot. Ahhh man :|.
Later Dan took us down to an old mine with rushing water coming from it (came in handy for washing my boot) and a nice cool breeze. We hung out there for a little while to cool off.

We rapped up the day at the open play area where cleared out the trees and added a few small jumps. Dan took some pictures which are up on his site. My bike started making noise (a rattling or grinding) on the way back I dropped it off at the shop Saturday morning for that & it kept blowing fuses I had to use the kick start all day.

It was a good time, I wish we could have gotten a few more hours in on even gone back the next day. Instead Saturday afternoon I ripped out a small dead tree from my yard with a big vine growing up it. Yeah remember "leaves of three let them be" I have poison ivy up both arms, some on my face and stomach. Had to go to the doctor to get steriods. Cost me almost $80 in medications now those $30 long rubber gloves I saw at home depot don't seem so expensive anymore. Man I should have gone riding, the phillies lost that night anyway.

Chief

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Aug 17, 2001
Nice report gx, Thanks!!!

So I guess paragon is changing a bit but still the same. I'd like to plan a camp/ride trip this year. I think Trigger mentioned a state park close by which might be the ticket. Now all I have to do is get off my arse. Gotta go see if the park has swimming :cool:

Too bad about the Poison Ivy, never had it (knock on wood). Hope you have a swift recovery.

Dapper, YOU, Riding Paragon on a Green Machine St. Patrick's Day. Coincidence I Think Not :)

Chief

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
I moved my review to the ride reports forum

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom