Paragon, PA on October 12th & 13th

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
The Dunmore exit is 181 (I think) just south of Scranton. It is last exit before the 380 split when going south. It's doesn't sound like you will be close to it if you are coming on I80.

And I'm talking about Sunday morning :yeehaw:

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Yep, I see that exit now...out of the way. I plan on Sunday only. I guess we'll meet the DRN gang in the lot by the shack.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Is hill 10 the one I got stuck on? I want to give that baby another shot. This time I won't slow down for slowpokes in front of me :eek:

knobbiethrower

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2000
Yeah, you really want to give this one all of your testosterone! Woodsrider will stand on top of the hill and show you the good line, right woods!

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
I havent said a thing in this thread yet, just listening to the BS!! I plan on staying at Red Ridge Saturday night and Sunday morning I will give all you pansies a lesson in Paragon riding skill!! Remember, I am the king of everything and anythjing that means absolutely nothing to anybody!! Lets crash!!!!!!!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Trigg!!! Glad you'll be there :)

It looks like my son might make it too. I just have to throw together a skid plate for his bike. Can't wait :yeehaw:

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
I am sitting here with my fingers crossed that I will have my bike back by the weekend for Sundays ride. I was expecting it this past weekend, and I could have had it finished Saturday nite for a Sunday ride, but I didn't want him to rush with it. So we went to Kawaski's Race of Champions at Englishtown yesterday instead and watched some great racing. click here for pictures
I will somehow be at Paragon Sunday either with my KTM or on a demo 440 Cannondale.....but I won't miss the ride :aj:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
:thumb: Dan

I got the skid plate made. I just have to drill some holes to mount it. :)

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
How are you going to mount it? When I get up there sunday let me check it out please. I have an interesting idea for a skid plate that I would love to look at other peoples ideas and would like some extra thought about my idea. If I come up with a non frame modifying bracket, I think trail riders ,enduro racers and such would like this little brain drizzle.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
It's not an enduro skid plate. Just one that runs under the frame rails with no wings for the side cases. I want him to have some protection from the rocks and I don't have time to make anything better. I'm mounting it with some modified conduit clamps that hook on the frame. I haven't decide whether to use button or flat head screws through the plate. It will mount the same way as the ones you can buy. Nothing special.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
:yeehaw: I just picked up the last pieces for my bike, so I will be able to get a little riding in wednesday, and then be ready for Sunday
I just have 1 question........Which one of you great motorcycle guros is going to be nice enough to come over and put my motor back together :worship:

Dan

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
I haven't decide whether to use button or flat head screws through the plate.

Well the buttonheads you won't have to countersink, the flat heads are least likely to have incident /contact damage or even get sheared off from contact. If you have enough material to countersink go for the flatheads like I did.
Although I am not an engineer of any kind and I have no clue at what kind of loads are put on a skid plate. But I believe button heads/capscrews have a greater tensile strength for clamping and the countersunk bolts are better for shearing<sprockets, brake rotors etc>
I just have 1 question........Which one of you great motorcycle guros is going to be nice enough to come over and put my motor back together

well if you seriously need help putting it back together I would be more than willing to give you a hand only thing though is that you would have to come down here during the day and help me watch my kids during the week. Saturday I was going to prep my bike up. Just got fender bags for the first time and I have to try and figure out how to keep them on and pack them well and I am sure I could use a little advice on that.

Last edited:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Perfect weather!!!

Saturday and Sunday look like they are going to be freaking beautiful for riding. Another graet day of riding at Paragon :flame: :aj: :yeehaw: :thumb:

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
4 Days and counting!!! I can't wait! Has anyone decided on a time and place to hook up? I know some guys are meeting on the road, I plan on getting out there Friday night, I'm camping at Red Ridge (Area 200b) the whole weekend with some of my Jeep buds, and will be ready to ride Saturday morning anytime! I saw someone mention meeting by a shack or something? This is my first time up to Paragon, so...I'm not sure where that is... 8am Saturday morning?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Here's a crude map of the staging area (if they haven't changed it :eek: )

Last time we met in the area I marked.

Attachments

• meet.jpg
    meet.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 126

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
What time Sunday should we meet-up. Paragon opens at 8:00. How 'bout a 9:00 departure for the trails?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I plan on getting there by 9 or shortly after. I'll be ready to ride 1/2 hour later.

I'm still stopping at BK for breakfast at 8:00 at the Dunmore exit if anyone is interested.

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
I am lookin to get there around 8:00 / 8:30. Probably nappin on my old dodge truck give me a kick to wake me up when you guys get there.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Why don't we plan on all meeting for lunch at 12:00 so we can catch up with all the later arrivals? The we can have one big ride together after we eat.

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
AAAAAAARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH

a late night shop incident left me with five stitches across my ring finger knuckle in my clutch hand. I will be going but might be delegated to riding the easy trails if I can someone to commit to riding them with me or even <gasp> just hanging out at the truck BSing . Any body have one of them easy pull hydraulic clutches they can let me use for the day?

Top Bottom