Paragon, PA on October 12th & 13th

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
That sucks :( I'm glad you're still coming. I'll ride some easy stuff with you and if you hang out at the trucks you can have a nice hot lunch ready for the rest of us :p

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Usually the injuries come after a day of riding, not before.

I will ride some of the easy stuff with you also......but first maybe we should define easy....., do you mean you want rocks the size of a volkswagen, instead of rocks the size of a pickup truck?

Now it is time to head out to the shop and get the bike back together, or I am not going anywhere thiss weekend

Dan

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
you can have a nice hot lunch ready for the rest of us

I wouldn't wish my cooking on my worst enemy... but if you really want me to.
Usually the injuries come after a day of riding, not before.
well I am not one for doing things the usual way

Thanks for offering to help taking it easy on me guys but lets hope it is not nessesary. Doc said I was lucky I didn't knick a tendon or riding will be out for the rest of the year. It is only sore from digging out offensive material and prodding around looking for any other damage. Hopefully I won't be too much of a nancy.
Good thing I only type with two fingers and my other hand is good for holding my coffee cup while I am at work ;)

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Looks like rain on Sunday. I assume we are all still going dispite the weather, right guys!

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
Rain or shine...I will be there! I love mud!

Sorry about your finger man....I will definately want to do the easy stuff with you, so no worries, sounds like at least four of us are down with that. If rain takes them out, count me in for sure! Just sent you a PM...

Dave :yeehaw:

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
It's not looking good for me for Sunday......I just put the bike back together, and as soon as I put the oil in, it leaked right back out. The hole that was fixxed could not handle the stress from retightening the bolts, adn cracked right on the weld. So the bike is back in pieces, and I or\dered the parts needed overnight, which means I should have them Friday. I guess I should have just spent the money and oprdered them in the first place. Now it costs me twice as much, because I had to reorder all the gaskets again, buy new oil and antifreeze again, overnight shipping again, which I paid last time for some parts to have the bike ready last week, and it was a wasted $30, because the welding was not done anyway. and all the gas for over 500 miles of back and forth to the shop last week to pick up parts that were supposed to be done, and weren't.
I better stop, the longer the list of wasted time and money gets, the more pissed I get :debil:

I will do my best to be there for Sunday, but if not, I hope everyone has fun

Dan

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
which I paid last time for some parts to have the bike ready last week, and it was a wasted $30, because the welding was not done anyway. and all the gas for over 500 miles of back and forth to the shop last week to pick up parts that were supposed to be done, and weren't.

UUUUGH that truly sucks , sorry to hear that. hope all evens out and you can make it.

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
Who is camping at Red Ridge Saturday night? Dave and Lori?

I am in if anyone else is. Post it or call me at 484-239-6187

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Dan,
That really sucks!!! I sure hope you can make it.

I'll be there Sunday, rain or shine :):)

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Looking kinda iffy for us this weekend. What the heck did you do to the weather forecast, RM_Guy?? We've been on the run the last two weekends-- first our club's fall harescramble, and then an enduro last weekend. We don't even have the bikes unloaded and washed from last weekend. :(

I think we're a little burned out from keeping that candle lit at both ends!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Scooter,

Was it you that posted that you had a Cannondale alternative? If it was, bring that sucker with you. I'd like to see how that thing works in the real world.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
The Cannondale was an alternative, if I had gotten it earlier in the week, but the bike is on its way to Wildwood for the beach race this weekend. But I will have it at Paragon in the near future to try it on some trails.

As for the KTM, I ordered the parts last night, so I wasn't sure if they were in stock, I checked this morning, and they had everything I need. So the parts were shipped today, adn I will have them tomorrow.....so I should be ready to go Sunday

Dan

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
I agree with RM_guy :yeehaw:

The parts just arrived to get my bike back together, so I am going straight to the bike when I get off work, and the weather is looking better for Sunday, no rain just clouds........so lets all pray to the weather gods to keep it that way :worship:

Dan

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
ITS ALIVE :flame:

The KTM has officially been brought back to life......for a while it didn't think it would happen, but it is done......

I'll see everyone Sunday........ :aj:

Dan

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Sorry guys :whiner: .....I guess I need to apologize for not being there today.I really wanted to ride, it has been 2 weeks since I have been out, and that is the longest I have gone all summer. JPstealth and I were supposed to come up this morning to join everyone at Paragon, But when I called the lazy bum at 9:00 to see if he was ready, I woke him up, and he was not really into riding with the rainy weather. I was still going to make the trip, but decided against it because I have had a slight cold the past few days, and didn't think the damp and cool weather would be the best thing for me right now. Even though it wasn't raining this morning, everything was wet and they were calling for more rain int he afternoon. I hope everyone had a great time, And I will do my best to make the next Paragon trip.

I am only posting this because I figured maybe someone would believe this lame excuse, and not realize the truth, that I was just affraid to get wet ;)

Dan

Top Bottom