Paragon ride before the weather gets bad??

Which weekend works for you?

• Sept 21 & 22

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Sept 28 & 29

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Oct 5 & 6

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Oct 12 &13

Votes: 10 52.6%

• Total voters

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Anyone want to ride at Paragon before summer's out? September sometime would be good. Even eary October might work. They are supose to be putting in a MX track soon so maybe some of the MX/trails guys besides myself will want to come. It's always fun to see some woods guy trying to get air :aj:

Pick a weekend that works for you.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Sept 7 & 8 Paragon is closed for the Neuroc competition and the mountain bike event........

Sept 14 & 15 Paragon is holding their ATV jamboree....so unless (for some strange reason) you own a quad, this weekend is out too.

But any of the other weekends are good for me......Sunday only though :ugg:

Last edited:

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Dave - None of those weekends work for me. As far south as Paragon is I would think the riding would be decent until mid-November.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
It's not that far south but you may be right anyway (man that hurts to say that :p).

Let's see where the poll takes us. I asked Gomer to remove the two dates from the poll that Scooter pointed out.

Last edited:

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I've never been to Paragon before but a friend and I are going this weekend. Any suggestions for trails? Anything to avoid? If we like the place I'd be up for a group ride in Sept/Oct.

Gary

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
If you take trail #11 up the hill there are lots of single track trails that are real nice. Other than that I don't always remember how to get to the spots that we've stumbled onto. The best thing is to just have the map with you and explore.

I can say that there are a lot of very rocky trails that you will want to avoid. If the trail gets real bad in the beginning, turn around because it probably won't get better. That's not always the case but there are enough other trails to ride on with out torturing yourself.

dklink2000

Damn Yankees
Feb 18, 2002
Hey guys, i just moved back up to the northeast and would love to meet some new people to ride with. I'm up for any weekend.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
RV6junkie, Are you planning on Sat or Sun this weekend. I will be at Paragon on Sunday and would be glad to show you around park. I might even be nice enough to keep you away from the rocky trails RM_guy warned you about :p

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Make sure you take up Scooter's offer. He really knows his way around Paragon.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
How about adding the first or second weekend in November to the poll? I'd love to get back to Paragon this year, but none of the dates listed will work for me.

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Hey Scooter, thanks for the offer. I'll be there Saturday morning. I've heard great things about Paragon. I did find some info on the net that gave good descriptions of the various trails. I'll take RM’s advise and probably stick to the green trails first time out.

Gary

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by RM_guy
If the trail gets real bad in the beginning, turn around because it probably won't get better.
Ah ha, the truth comes out! And you thought by pointing to your front tire we would believe that you had a flat. I knew you were just being a Nancy! :p

There are some very challenging trails at Paragon. Trail 10, I believe, is a jeeps-only trail that we stumbled upon. It had some very large rock gardens and a nice hill to try and sucker your buddies into climbing. Later that same day we stumbled upon another rock garden that required some serious bull-dogging to get through. I also remember the long, unmarked, hill climb (Spanish Fly Hill) that claimed most of our group on day two. Their cries for help were very entertaining.

Bob Tiley

Aug 7, 2001
I think myself and a buddy could make it on Oct. 6th. I have been wanting to get up to Paragon and this would be a great time. It would really be cool if they have a track started by then and this killer heat is gone. We're into the MX/Trails thing too.

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by knobbiethrower
Woodsrider suckered me in on trail #10 hill!
Some egos will do anything!

Blame it on the bike. ;)

swingarm

Aug 15, 2002
I have never been to paragon. I would love to go there. It would be cool to ride with people that know the trails. I'm in for any weekend except the the weekend of the sixth.

CaptainObvious

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Well I got to Paragon this past weekend. I must say it is an awesome place to ride if you like technical terrain. I do! I rode about four hours, right up to the point that I broke my ankle! I slipped on some rocks cutting through one of the streams in the campground area and got my ankle trapped between some large rocks and the bike. If it wasn’t for my boots I would have broken my leg at the calf! This is my first broken bone in 29 years of riding so I guess I was due.

Can’t wait to get back there. If the group ride happens in October I should be good to go.

BTW, if Ray is a DRN guy, thanks for pulling me out of the water.

Gary

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Glad you had a good time Gary. Too bad about the break though :(

It's looking more and more like a mid to late October ride. Too many other things going on.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Late October or early November, Maybe? Too much to do for DW02' right now.

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
I'm Alive!!!!! I survived 16 days on my Harley in the deserts of the midwest. Saw grizzlies and Elk, and some other 'unmentionables"( I got pics!!!!!) My puter was down for a while, thats why I didnt write. Paragon, Im in any day! Lets do it!!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…