Paragon ride before the weather gets bad??

Which weekend works for you?

• Sept 21 & 22

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Sept 28 & 29

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Oct 5 & 6

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Oct 12 &13

Votes: 10 52.6%

• Total voters

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
By the way.... speaking of Paragon... They are having one of the East Coast's largest ever Rock crawling (4x4) events ever this weekend! (Saturday 9/6)!!! Its called NeuROC. I am told that if you are even mildly interested in the sport, it is a must see!

check out the link I left above for details.

Chief

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Aug 17, 2001
I voted for the 12th & 13th since that is by far the best weekend for me. Had a ball there March 17 '02. Conditions were perfect, don't ask me what trails I hit. I was lost pretty much the whole time. (usually am even when I ride at home) I'm in need of a "real' vacation and am interested. Gladiator, maybe you wanna hookup? I gotta do some camping as well.

Unless it's someone's B'day or the likes of that, I MAY make it. I definetely would like to. Paragon: isn't that Native American for 'Punishment'?

Joe Chief

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I checked my crystal ball and the weather looks perfect for the 13th :)

Anyone else getting pumped for this ride?

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
I am gonna try and make it up for the 13th if for any other reason to get away from the wife and kids and sleep in peace. :eek: My brother's bachelor party is the 12th : :p :yeehaw: anybody from the Bucks County,NE Philly,Trenton area want to hook up for the ride ?

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
Man, I'd love to go, but I grenaded the top end this weekend at the track. The powervalve decided to snap and say hello to the piston in a not so nice way. :) Atleast I don't need a bore and hone. Have fun guys, someone get revenge on LoriKTM for me will ya? :p :p :p

On second thought, Lori just ride behind Papa for a lil bit, that should do just fine :)

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
:scream:

What, ME?? I'm telling you, it's not YOU Hucker, it's the YELLOW bike! :p
My KTM is like the dog that always pees on your tires. Except it roosts yellow bikes instead. ;)

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
LOL Lori. That was funny!....so what was the inspiration for THAT remark?? ( Adding a little yellow to those yellow machines never hurt)

I think I will stay home this weekend and get ready for the two poker runs put on by the 4-H and the Red Jacket Pony Clubs at our place in October. Riding the motorcycles actually makes the trails better for the horses...no kidding! Chews out the rocks and leaves a loamy trail behine. ;)

Last edited:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Originally posted by weimedog
LOL Lori. That was funny!....so what was the inspiration for THAT remark?? ( Adding a little yellow to those yellow machines never hurt)...
Lori had the privlage of winning the first "Roost RM_guy" contest and she just won't let me forget it ;)

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
I think I'm getting a reputation here...

I just happened to be in front of RM_Guy at Modena after my erstwhile husband let the group of us into a deep bog. Therefore, he was the backdrop for the gobs of gooey mud that got slung up while we extracted my bike.

Then, on different ride at Paragon (again, led by my husband--do we see a pattern here?) Hucker just happened to be behind me as I got stopped on a small, loose shale hill and had to get turned around.

Coincidence, purely coincidence, I say. ;)

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Originally posted by LoriKTM
I think it's a small price to pay for good fortune of getting to ride behind you! :scream:

(BTW, she's not really bad, she's just drawn that way!)

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by LoriKTM
I was at that first ride and remember watching LoriKTM completely cover RM_guy. It was rather funny. Lori had her back tire stuck in a quagmire. RM can't see the line on his left so he sits right behind Lori waiting for her to move. Well Lori revs up her engine, dumps the clutch and the rest happened in slow motion. RM caught the initial mud, flinging off Lori's back tire, right in the face. Then he tucked his visor down as the entire onslaught of muck came right at him. By the time she got free RM's yellow bike and blue gear was a monotone dark brown.

Guess I won't get the optional yellow GG plastic. :scream:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Gee Bill. Thanks for the very descriptive narrative. I had tried to forget how muddy I actually had gotten.

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
Gee Bill. Thanks for the very descriptive narrative. I had tried to forget how muddy I actually had gotten

well if it makes you feel better,since this time I am actually going there to ride with you people, you will have someone new to roost. Unfortuntely for you , You're going to have to wait up for me to roost me.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
I think I can find some pictures of your bike from that day, Dave! That'll bring back the ole memories, eh? :debil:
Just be glad that wasn't a fresh S12 on the back!

Gomer-- I'll have to remember that. Should we get a chance to ride together, I'll make an exception and roost your Honda, in return for the "privilege" of riding behind me! ;)

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Just try to do it during one of those rare occurences when I am still in close proximity to the bike so I can enjoy it, too!

(I think I need to change my deodorant...those bikes seem to really be trying to get away from me, lately. :( )

02cr250r

Spammer
Oct 5, 2001
Hey everybody! I live out on this big sand bar called cape cod, and I really want to go to one of these get togethers and ride for a couple days. I can pretty much work out any date as long as I have know ahead of time a few weeks. pretty much any time in october is great, and I am up for a drive, givin it's not too far. clue me on as to what your guy's have planned, maybe I can make it yo tear it up with you, and have a good time.

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
That's when I'm going for sure~! I think most everyone here is.... We should establish a base camp for a meet and greet. Waddayall think?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
It is still on the 12th and 13th. Most will be there on Sunday only but feel free to camp over. I'm not sure if the camping at Paragon is up and running yet. If not, there is a camp site close by that has been used by DRN before.

I started and new thread a while ago for this subject. Click "HERE" to get to it.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom