RECENT POSTS

Pastrana, Suzuki, and the X-Games

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Short but sweet:

If you can't hang in the race (Millville) because you feel you're unhealthy, how can you be healthy enough to compete in the X-Games, then come out and say you won't be racing the rest of the year?

I guess we know where Travis and Suzuki have their priorities.:silly:

Wolf

doooode
You could look at it that way, but I tend to think differently and since this is the flame board I'm gonna lay it out as I see it:

All it shows is that all the Freestyle riders (Deegan and the likes) are a bunch of crybabies and think too much of themselves. Obviously a sick (?) Pastrana mops the floor with them.
I also think that unless you crash, FMX is physically less challenging. Same ramp, same landing areas, no other riders interfere etc. and I can imagine that at the level Travis rides he can pull this stuff off fairly effortless and safely.

Now I know some of you are going to throw stones right now, but before you do, let me also say that I admire the brass testacles some of these guys have and that I always enjoy watching it.

By the way, I heard Deegans lame excuse for his lousy runs....
"I'm only here to have fun and promote the Metal Mulisha" :scream: or should we say "Meathead Mulisha"

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Don't get me wrong, XR (SX?) wolf, I like watching the FMX show as much as the next guy. It just seems a little hypocritical to me.:think

History is made!

I agree with everything the spodley one said above. (Note: His posts are usually so long there will be something I disagree with :D ) .

Tree

Lifetime Sponsor
I also have to agree with XR Wolf and Truespode. FMX is about as strenuous for Travis as it is for you to walk over to the fridge and pop open a cold one to watch it with.;)

OT- Sweeeeet new avitar Okie.:cool:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Maybe I'm just old-school as far as the racing goes. Seems that should be priority one, and getting ready for next year more important than the X-games.

I wonder how Roger D feels about it?:think

I agree that FMX isn't physically as tough as riding national moto's, but it seems like the risk of another hit to the mellon is pretty high.....

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
do you think it's getting to the point now that fmx sells more bikes than mx?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
Given how talented he is it's easy to forget HE'S JUST A KID. A kid having the time of his life from my vantage point. He has the rest of his life to be deadly serious about things. Even though I think FMX is the dumbest thing on two-wheels I always watch him ride because I love watching someone having that much fun on a motorcycle.
Kind of reminds me of Malcolm Smith in On Any Sunday. He always wanted to win, but he never seemed to lose sight of the fact that motorcycles are supposed to be a fun.

I may be completely wrong here...but aren't the x-games taped? I was thinking without tape delay, the x-games were before the Millville race.

I dont know if you were following the skateboard best trick competition, but the guy who won, Matt Dove has it right, the X-games is a crock. His shirt said
Extreme
$
Profits
Network
and the judges, who always have given medals to contestants who have pulled insane tricks after the alloted time, were going to give another skater the gold because he was the best in the alloted time. ESPN only gave Matt Dove the medal because they knew they would get lots of flak about changing the rules and denying a true champion.
Anyways, Travis' run was not nearly as awesome as Adoptante who pulled his "Flintstone" which is a no handed, no footed can-can where he runs by the side of the bike. Travis has to be in cahoots with the ESPN crew. At least they didnt try to lower the bar in stepup and lie about the height for him or something. Justin Homan's mulisha air/ no handed lander (no tweak on the bars after he pulled himself back) was amazing! i didnt think it was possible

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
Originally posted by FMX_novice
Anyways, Travis' run was not nearly as awesome as Adoptante who pulled his "Flintstone" which is a no handed, no footed can-can where he runs by the side of the bike. Travis has to be in cahoots with the ESPN crew.
I agree Adoptante had the best trick but, Travis linked his routine a lot tighter than any other rider, best use of time and layout= more stunts

And as far as the step up comp, Wasn't Tommy on a 250 and Travis on a 125 ?, just wondering

Travis uses a 250 now for free-style and step up. Also I don't care how much Travis timed it, adoptante's trick was much better. Didn't travis end up with a 5th place or something?