Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Is that goon actually going to do one this year? ;) I'd like to see how big of a fool I can make out of myself trying to ride slower than I already do :uh: So Pat, is it on your agenda? I'm looking forward to it(it'd be the only event I'd be competitive in :confused: )

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Pretty good idea Stan. Perhaps set up a "mock" course out of wood structures. Sure would make for some interesting riding.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
It's a for sure deal Stan. Guy is going to help bring Brownie up to speed on everything that Cooperland has to offer outside of the tracks and woods that were available last year. I'm going to try an make a pre-DW3K trip to recon places for this specific event. Last year in the time I had I just didn't find much that was both challanging AND safe, I did find some really gnarly stuff in the creek behind camp but I'm not looking to add more folks to the injured list. With any luck I'll have an easy line and a difficult line or sections. I'll also be looking for input from anybody that's interested in what kind of "rules" we should have. You know stop or no stop, rolling back an instant 5 or not, etc...

I am also going to work very hard to try and get a top level Pro rider I know to come show how it's really done.

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Who needs a pro level rider when we've got you :aj: Sounds cool. I agree that adding more people to the injured list would not be a good idea. Maybe you could set up a easy and moderate course(with help from others, of course) and put a skilled level course in the creek behind camp? I and I'm sure many others could help you set it up. As for rules, whatever applies to trials in general?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Stan you would be totally slack jawed at what a Pro rider like Ray Peters can do. The absolute control to the miniscule level of each control and bike/body placement is really a thing of beauty. I have the drive to make things happen but the skill to make it really interesting is not in my bag of tricks just yet (I'm working on it though). No matter what shakes out we WILL do it and we will have a good time no doubt.

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Originally posted by Patman
Stan you would be totally slack jawed at what a Pro rider like Ray Peters can do. The absolute control to the miniscule level of each control and bike/body placement is really a thing of beauty.

Pat, I've seen a guy (don't know who) at an auto-rama in Houston once. He was jumping off the roof of his 12' trailer onto paper cups on the ground. That show was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen :scream:

Originally posted by Patman
we WILL do it and we will have a good time no doubt.

Dewd, that's what Dirt Week's about. It's an Okrahoma state law that we have to have a good time! :yeehaw:

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
Patman.... dont forget the automobile track section; hell, anybody's car will do. If no one volunteers a car we can borrow a wreck for a few bucks. They have car wrecks and junk cars don't they in Oklahoma???

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Beware of the creek bed.  It is above the skill level of at least one person ....

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Originally posted by Tony Eeds
Beware of the creek bed.  It is above the skill level of at least one person ....

:uh:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I venture it was Team ERE you saw Stan and it most likely was Geoff Aaron, Raymond is in that league.

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
I've heard of Geoff Aaron, don't remember where though :think:

Whoever it was, I was sure impressed.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by Stan_Flemmings
  It's an Okrahoma state law that we have to have a good time! :yeehaw:

Not quite sure where that mostly Asian part of the state is, maybe it is near Slapout. :think: ;)

Originally posted by TTRGuy
Almost every yard in some places

I have a neighbor or two that I might be able to talk out of their "investments". :p

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Originally posted by BSWIFT

Not quite sure where that mostly Asian part of the state is, maybe it is near Slapout. :think: ;)

Swift, have you never eaten at Grandy's? Didn't you know that you live in the Okra capital of the U.S. of A.? ;)

Top Bottom