Bill Beard

Dec 3, 2001
Thanks to all for letting My Bro-in-Law (Butch) and I tag along for the ride to the "Sand Hill" on Sunday. We had fun even though it was a weird weather(foggy) start. We don't get much in AZ. Hope "Spot" found her master. You're welcome to join us any time here in our nice, warm climate. hehe Again, thanks!

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Bill was great meeting and riding with you. The weather Sunday was a freak of nature type of the thing. That weather never happens in June around here. You have the admit though, by mid-day the weather was perfect for riding. Although I could have done without the barrel roll exercises on the one baby hill. Although I wanted to do Cleghammer with RMJeff my bud from Arizona was wiped out and didnt want to stick around. Needless to say 3 hours of riding just wasnt enough.

Bill Beard

Dec 3, 2001
Yeah, I really wanted to do some more riding in that stuff, but had to get back to the family. Catch up with ya again when I'm in town.

Wild Bill

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Well, the fog was strange, but it made for good weather after it burned off.

What a diappointment at the sandhill. My mainjet was so far off that I couldn't run the bike WFO. :| It ran great bottom to mid though, which is where I like to keep it in the tight stuff, so the singletrack was excellent!

Bill, it was great to meet you and the bro'-in-law. You guys are welcome to join us anytime!

Rich-I'm sorry I didn't get to see the barrel roll. :debil:

This was Jrs. first DRN ride, and only the 6th time out on the bike, (9th time ever riding!), so I was rather proud of how well he did even though a couple of the hills claimed him! He was so stoked about this ride. :aj: When we were back at the trucks to bench race and gas up he kept asking every 5 minutes, "are we gonna go now", refering to the fact that I promised him another loop.

Oldandslo-sorry we had to cut that last ride short. I'll make it up to you on the next ride! We'll shoot for 80 miles next time! (Arrowhead?)

PvtJkr.-You've got to be the most creative member of 'the Crew' when it comes to riding gear! This dude was wearing cargo pants and a hawaiian shirt! We joked about getting him an over-sized baseball cap that would fit over his helmet----worn backwards of course! :confused: In all fairness, PJs new YZF is very tricked out, so I guess the gear money went into the bike, right?

Tony-I would have gone faster through the single-track, but I was suffering from that mother hen syndrome again! As fast as the boy is learning though I think pretty soon he's going to be the one that has to stop and wait. LOL.

Jeff-did you guys end up doin Cleghammer? Your bud on the YZ seemed to go pretty good!

All in all we had a good time. I've got some wrenching to do before the next one. Some proper jetting on the KTM, some bailing wire on the old YZ and we'll be ready!

Pvt Joker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 29, 2002
Originally posted by ktmboy
I guess the gear money went into the bike, right?

I really wish I could take more credit for the riding attire but it’s pretty much Salvation Army special. Being a private has its privileges but I try to put my meager $$$ into my ride.

Great write up KTMboy and another really fun ride. Boy jr was impressive, looks like he’s been riding for a while.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Originally posted by ktmboy
Jeff-did you guys end up doin Cleghammer? Your bud on the YZ seemed to go pretty good!

When we got down to the RR crossing they were doing some work. So after contemplating what to do we finally asked if we could cross. Most of the guys said go ahead but 1 said no way not while Im here. We eventually pushed across and took off.

Well about a 1/4 mile past the Cleghammer Tony had a minor get off. After getting the clutch back together we went back to the truck and left.

Between the issues with the RR crossing and the get off it would be best if we just went home.

Top Bottom