scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
My family and I are heading to Pismo Beach Sand Dunes Friday August 20th to Sunday August 22. Riding in 70 degree coastal weather and camping on the sandy beach in August just sounds like a good Idea.

If anyone would like to join us or meet up, you are welcome.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I checked on the red sticker issue and it doesn't start until mid Sept. I was thinking on going and taking the 450 but it's red sticker. If I don't sell the RM by then, maybe I'll take it and go.

The 450 is out of state, what was the deal with riding an out of state bike here?

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
That sounds like it could be alot of fun. I'd be up for it if those dates are good, and I think they are ... I'll get back to you on it shortly.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
I'd join you, but I don't think my tiddler would like the dunes. Besides, I'm not much good in the sand yet (was I ever?).

I've been there twice. The first time was during the Labor Day holiday (you need to make reservations if you want to camp during holiday weekends). Real crowded and surreal looking.

The second was during a normal weekday, so it was pretty quiet (except for the wind that almost blew my tent away). Also, my tent was surrounded by water when the tide came in at midnight. :yikes: I towed my trailer across the creek with my old Sentra.

I've heard that there will be a dune race (bikes) in October (that was info I heard a few months ago, so it could have changed). Maybe I'll have a big bore by then.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
That'd be great if you guys made it.

Elk Stickers? I thought you had the Bronze Hall Pass :cool:

Reservations, I made one already reservation # is 800-444-7275. The impression I got is you can just show up and get in on non holiday weeknds pretty easy. Labor Day, 4th of July etc is another story.

Here's a link

http://www.ohv.parks.ca.gov/default.asp?page_id=1207

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I don't know man, they aren't real cool up there...

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Keeping the RM, let me see if someone wants to make a day trip out of it with me, saving the overnight kitchen pass for DW.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Is it Firday yet?

I may have to leave work early Thursday just to make sure I'm preparred for fun :cool:

On second thought, I may need a 3 hour lunch Wednesday to head out to various part shops to buy stuff I don't really need. :ride:

Additionally, I may need to spend most of the AM at work Tuesday mapping out the best route to get there. :clue:

Now what can I do to waste the rest of Monday? Better play it safe and surf DRN in the office. :aj:

Just another typical riding weekend for me. :yeehaw:

Top Bottom