Poll: How long will it take?

When will the 250 2-stoke stop bieng made?

• It will never die! 2-strokes forever!

Votes: 157 52.0%
  • 2-3 years

Votes: 65 21.5%
  • 4-6 years

Votes: 50 16.6%
  • 7-10 years

Votes: 21 7.0%
  • Not soon enough! End this stupid thread

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cnielse5

~SPONSOR~
Feb 22, 2005
How long will it take?

Now that the "supercross" class is mostly 450's how much time until the 250 stroke is phased out? :ahhh:

I think honda will be the first to ditch them in 08. :uh:
Then suzuki will go next in 09.
then in 2010 yamaha and kawaski follow suit.
KTM will eventually give it up in 2012.

Last edited:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Not soon enough! End the smokers!

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
indeed, greenhorn.

2 strokes suck

Masterphil

DRN's Resident Lunatic
Aug 3, 2004
They'll probably die off in a few years. Then 10-20 years down the road, some advancements will come along and everyone will be praising 2-strokes again, just like the 4-strokes now.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Masterphil said:
They'll probably die off in a few years. Then 10-20 years down the road, some advancements will come along and everyone will be praising 2-strokes again, just like the 4-strokes now.

Thats what I think, way better design just not politically correct for now.

I also think that XRPED has 2 stroke envy :nener:

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
unless outlawed somebody will make them ..............i would just like to know who it would be . stock would be great for the lone corp to make 2t , getting every sale would rock the stockholders sox off

Masterphil

DRN's Resident Lunatic
Aug 3, 2004
Cr 125 Man.... said:
well i got a cr 125 01 model and i always race my m8s on 4 stokers my bike has lil bit dun to it but i seem to beat my m8s on crf 250 and yzf 250 and alround so GO 2 stokers

This is an english speaking forum, thanks...:think:

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Masterphil said:
This is an english speaking forum, thanks...:think:

:laugh:

:nod:

mike black

Sep 16, 2005
hey the two stroke is dead look at moto gp they have proven that the 4 stroke can pump out more POWER. the 4's are going 15 to 20 mpr faster than the 2 strokes and think they can still pump the 450's up to 500 cc when they do that no 2 stroke will ever keep up!
mike

mike black

Sep 16, 2005
think about their theory two strokes twice the power per cc half the strokes twice the power BUT i never made the rules and i do care about the air i breathe
mike

funktree

~SPONSOR~
Jul 21, 2001
"They'll probably die off in a few years. Then 10-20 years down the road, some advancements will come along and everyone will be praising 2-strokes again, just like the 4-strokes now."

nah we'll be riding solor powered bikes or something by then, gasoline motors will be outlawed :P

mike black

Sep 16, 2005
nah we'll be riding solor powered bikes or something by then, gasoline motors will be outlawed

ya cause the 4 bangers are better!!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
mike black said:
think about their theory two strokes twice the power per cc half the strokes twice the power BUT i never made the rules and i do care about the air i breathe
mike

The rebel in me still gets a kick out of "cleaning my motor out" in the pits.........and staying way rich on the main-jet so I can leave black specs on others goggles. Sure wish I could go riding with some members of the Sierra Club! :ahhh: ........... Expecting retaliation, both feet firmly planted......... ;)

mike black

Sep 16, 2005
i cant see them bringing back the 2 strokes. the powerfull 4 strokes have just been released!!! 2 strokes have been around and known as race motors a long time with NO company's even thinking about advancing the 4 stroke motor. I bet that in 10 more years 2 strokes will be considered antiques

cnielse5

~SPONSOR~
Feb 22, 2005

Honestly I think if we can't control the noise level comming out of the 4-strokes we will have no where to ride soon. :|

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
RMCoastie said:
2 Strokes and the South will rise again! :yikes:[

Where is the South going ? ;)

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
cnielse5 said:
Honestly I think if we can't control the noise level comming out of the 4-strokes we will have no where to ride soon. :|

All the guys I woods ride with have 4-strokes, but they all run quiet muffler inserts........VERY quiet........ and mega-power isn't needed in the tight, technical woods anyway. But for the goons that think they need to un-cork to go faster, (in the woods) we'll all pay the price. I don't believe a loud bike makes such an obnozious impact if left on an MX track, but when ridden in the vast area used when trail riding.......that's gunna cost us.

brit yz125

Jan 7, 2005
I think the poll should be- how long before everybody gets pi**ed off with the cost of replacing a blown 4 stroke motor? My heart says 2 strokes forever, but they will probably be completely phased out over the next couple of years. I suppose it's hard trying to get good money for one now?

Tiger

~SPONSOR~
Aug 21, 2000
The GNCC's are dominated by 2-strokes. 9 outta 10 of the top guys lately. :)

At the recent Speed TV's Last man standing even Lafferty rode a 2-stroke. ;)

Long live the 2-stroke!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…