When will the 250 2-stoke stop bieng made?

• It will never die! 2-strokes forever!

Votes: 157 52.0%
  • 2-3 years

Votes: 65 21.5%
  • 4-6 years

Votes: 50 16.6%
  • 7-10 years

Votes: 21 7.0%
  • Not soon enough! End this stupid thread

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
john3_16 said:
How nice it must be for a manufacturer to make a bigger engine and get credited for being on the cutting edge of technology.

4 strokes have been around a long, long time.

I think you just put a woopin' on it!

john3_16

May 17, 2004
2-Strokes 4-ever, Do you still have your 03' RM250 ?

How do you like it ? I'm thinking about picking up a new RM250.....My friend rode an 03' a while back and was very impressed.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
john3_16 said:
2-Strokes 4-ever, Do you still have your 03' RM250 ?

How do you like it ?
Yes I do. Love the bike. Although I'd think twice next time about one for riding in tight woods, stock motor has huge hit near the bottom that only cylinder work would fix. They handle sweet and are way fast.

MXobssesed4

Aug 2, 2006
If your good, it doesnt matter, you'll win on anything, if 2 strokes get phased out, so be it, if your really any good, it doesnt matter, smoker or thumper, if your good your gonna win.

B

biglou

IndyYZ85 said:
Did you notice how I used proper spelling, grammer and punctuation? Try it sometime, people might just take you seriously for a change. :whoa:
"Grammer"? Try running that one through the spell checker once or twice...
MXobssesed4 said:
If your good, it doesnt matter, you'll win on anything, if 2 strokes get phased out, so be it, if your really any good, it doesnt matter, smoker or thumper, if your good your gonna win.
Really? So, what you're saying is, if my good, it doesnt matter, I'll win on anything, if 2 strokes get phased out, so be it, if my really any good, it doesnt matter, smoker or thumper, if my good my gonna win?

Last edited by a moderator:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
biglou said:
. . . if my good your gonna win.
no, if my good my gonna win. Idiot.

I'm going to start another poll to ask how long it will take FOR THIS THREAD TO DIE!!!!!

Dizzed_Nimrod

Aug 9, 2006
When i walked in to one of the big motorcycle stores over here they had no thing but four stroke enduro bikes. I did ask for two stroke but they said look elsewhere.
The question is can you get all that power from the fuel to ground.
Maybe ethanol or methanol will solve the hwole two stroke four stroke emission debate.

Woops a fly just went thru my ear and came out the other side :whoa:.

cnielse5

~SPONSOR~
Feb 22, 2005
I never thought this poll would hang around this long. This threaded started when the 05's were just out.

Rhein

Jul 17, 2006
if they can get direct injection to the 2 stroke MX bike all problems are solved. They have less emissions, more power and better economy than a 4 stroke! HA HA BISHES!!!!!

brit yz125

Jan 7, 2005
XRpredator said:
no, if my good my gonna win. Idiot.

I'm going to start another poll to ask how long it will take FOR THIS THREAD TO DIE!!!!!
Hehe, I was wondering that myself. I've got a post in this thread and I've not been here for ages. I went to the Nations aswell, you guys were lucky.
:flame suit on:

Solid State

Mar 9, 2001
I am convinced that this thread itself will outlive the 2 stroke. For the love of everything good and holy, please end this thread!

hellbertos

Feb 17, 2004
Just like 2-strokes... this thread will never die!!

I read on MXA.com that the REM races down there (SoCal) will now have 125 2-stroke only classes, so that 2-stroke 125s will have a class to compete in.

http://www.motocrossactionmag.com/M...0&tier=3&nid=E32C57C0CBE74CD496357F55B7F4DCF7

I think this is great since A)its give 2 strokes back some of their fire B)this will give many riders a chance to race who's parents don't have the finances to put them on a 4T.

I know when I was coming up, I (nor any of my buddies) never had the money (or parental finances) for new bikes. We all bought used bikes and refurb'd them as we could. Since 2Ts were relatively simple to work on and fairly affordable to operate (even on a dishwasher/busboy wage), we were able to get our bike into raceable condition w/o having mini-dads pumping big dollars into our hobbies.

I can't imagine some poor kid saving all his coins for a used 250F only to have the think eat a valve and turn into an expensive dust collector in the garage. Don't get me wrong, they are nice bikes, but they really don't replace 125 2 strokes; especially for younger guys who don't have the resources for new bikes.

rmrider125

Jan 13, 2006
2 strokes might not make any real big improvements, but there is still alot of people that would rather ride the 2 stroke than the 4. they will definetly stick around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom