When will the 250 2-stoke stop bieng made?

• It will never die! 2-strokes forever!

Votes: 157 52.0%
  • 2-3 years

Votes: 65 21.5%
  • 4-6 years

Votes: 50 16.6%
  • 7-10 years

Votes: 21 7.0%
  • Not soon enough! End this stupid thread

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
2strokesrule said:
2 strokes put out twice the power for the same cc as a 4 stroke just to let you know.

Well I'm convinced. :nod:

2strokesrule

Registered
Jan 4, 2006
if you have rode a 2 stroke you would know. thats why they race 125 with 250f because 250fs cant race 250 they would get destroyed. 2 strokes just have to much power i guess.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
we have a true genius in our midst.

Please, keep sharing your wealth of knowledge.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
2strokesrule said:
if you have rode a 2 stroke you would know.

Luckily I've never ridden a two-stroke, they sound really scary with way too much power. :yikes:

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
what is the "two-stroke" that you speek of?

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
2strokesrule said:
if you have rode a 2 stroke you would know. thats why they race 125 with 250f because 250fs cant race 250 they would get destroyed. 2 strokes just have to much power i guess.
:)

2strokesrule

Registered
Jan 4, 2006
XRpredator said:
we have a true genius in our midst.

Please, keep sharing your wealth of knowledge.

I the the AMA should change racing 125cc dirtbikes with 250cc dirtbikes its really unfair why dont they get a 125 4 stroke motocross bike if 4 strokes are so damn fast

. Get a yz 250 vs a yz250f and see who the hell wins. or a yz 450 2stroke vs a yz450f. if they made 450 2 strokes it would be 2 stroke dominance.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
2strokesrule said:
you guys really arent as smart as you think you are thats for sure.

you , dont know who you are actually talking to do you?
for the most part the people here, in particular the ones you are talking to have more knowledge between them than anyone you have ever met.

YOU should slow down now because regardless of the topic, which can be your choice, you will get embarrased,
just my .02$ :blah: these people will help you, entertain you, point you in the right direction if they cant help you, but if you want to act like an asshat, will gladly use you as entertainment for ourselves

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
i ride a 2 stroke myself , but i cant for the life of me find out why cc's really matter . lets measure the size of an engine by its fun factor. i have fun on my 2stroke and those that prefer to , have fun on their 4. whats the diff?? :think:

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Let's settle this with a drag race, or see who has the fastest top speed........

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
okay, meet me at the silver lake sand dunes on the 4th of july, right after Reeeeeedddd Buuuuudddd weekend. :nod: regardless of the outcome i guarantee a good time. be prepared the 450s all got knocked off last year. 1 guy wasnt satisfied, wanted to race for about a mile :ohmy: caught and left me at about fourth gear on up. just like the long uphills on the national circuit ;)

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
2strokesrule said:
and why did you just tell me that??

:rotfl:L&O's best cheech voice says

"dont look at his neck man he's sensitive about that"

relax man i was joking with the other 2stroke guy that was talking about drag racing

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
2strokesrule said:
you guys really arent as smart as you think you are thats for sure.

yeah but, I did which to Gieco, so :nener:

Henka

Dec 9, 2005
2t vs 4t

ellandoh said:
okay, meet me at the silver lake sand dunes on the 4th of july, right after Reeeeeedddd Buuuuudddd weekend. :nod: regardless of the outcome i guarantee a good time. be prepared the 450s all got knocked off last year. 1 guy wasnt satisfied, wanted to race for about a mile :ohmy: caught and left me at about fourth gear on up. just like the long uphills on the national circuit ;)

OK but he was on a 450cc and you on a 250cc! let's do it without any cc advantage!! Then the 4t's will run home cryin. or use my KTM 380SX-2t vs 450-4T :ride:

phranticness

Jan 4, 2006
I think production 2 strokes will stay for a long while, but the technoligy and spending on R&D will plumit, all the cash and effort will go into the thumpers. The market remains for new 2 cycles, as long as thats around, the bikes will remain. UNLESS, they become entirely unregisterable for off road use......then bye bye

brit yz125

Jan 7, 2005
Henka said:
OK but he was on a 450cc and you on a 250cc! let's do it without any cc advantage!! Then the 4t's will run home cryin. or use my KTM 380SX-2t vs 450-4T :ride:
:bang: :bang: :bang:

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
the real question is what will happen when theyve tapped all the improvements they can on 4t and everyone doesnt have to buy one every year to keep up with the crowd. sales will fall off and theyll have to start racing out 6 strokes or.....................

the reason the R&D is going into 4strokes is because theres alot more room for improvement than on 2strokes and people will buy them year in , year out. 2strokes are about tapped out unless the ama loosens regs......hint hint . i bet when the big 5 say "were tapped on 4strokes open up the weight restriction etc etc, for us... 2strokes will be kings again :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom