stuckytough

Jul 7, 2005
Thinking about the Portland hare scramble this weekend. Never raced there before. Anyone know what the terrain is like? I like the woods scrambles rather than the open and motocross track stuff. Anyone know what the portland course is like?... other than snow covered today!

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Mostly MX, I think it has like a short two mile woods section. Fun race anyway!

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
stuckytough said:
Anyone know what the terrain is like? I like the woods scrambles rather than the open and motocross track stuff. Anyone know what the portland course is like?... QUOTE]

I am sure DL will be able to answer those questions. He is a member of the club.

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
stuckytough said:
Thinking about the Portland hare scramble this weekend. Never raced there before. Anyone know what the terrain is like? I like the woods scrambles rather than the open and motocross track stuff. Anyone know what the portland course is like?... other than snow covered today!
OUR COURSE IS MOSTLY MX/ OPEN. :bang: WE DO ROUTE AROUND MOST OF THE TECHNICAL JUMPS. WE HAVE AVERY SHORT WOODS SECTION THAT WE RUN WITH 2 BRIDGE CROSSINGS OVER A CREEK TO GET IN AND OUT. THE REST IS WIDE OPEN GRAND PRIX STYLE MX. WE ARE RUNNING A NEW SECTION AT THIS FIRST RACE, IN OUR NORTHERN ACREAGE TO LENGTHEN THE TRACK :cool: OUR COURSE IS 90% SAND SO THE SNOW/MOISTURE WON'T BE A PROBLEM, I JUST HOPE THE WEATHER DOESN'T HURT OUR TURN OUT. :uh: IT SHOULD BE A GOOD EVENT. I HOPE TO SEE EVERYONE THERE!!! :ride:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
D.LEATHERS said:
OUR COURSE IS MOSTLY MX/ OPEN. :bang:

and what's wrong with that :nener: ?

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
MXGirl230 said:

Have you ever ridden a 3 hour moto before?

SNDMN2

Jul 18, 2003
I hope to make it. We have trail maintanance in Cadillac on Saturday. If all goes well I"ll be home Sat. night. There is a fat,50, and out of shape class isn"t there ? "C" class starts around 12:00 - 12:30 ?

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
MXGirl230 said:
TRACI, AS YOU WILL SOON DISCOVER THERE ARE VERY FEW RIDERS OUT THERE WHO LIKE TO RIDE EVERYTHING, I'VE HAVE BEEN VERY LUCKY TO HAVE PTR M/C AN MX/HARESCRAMBLE TRACK CLOSE TO HOME TO BE A MEMBER OF AND LMC UP NORTH THAT PUTS ON ENDURO'S AND HAS A GREAT TRAIL SYSTEM AY THEIR BACK DOOR. :) MOST OF THE OFF ROAD GUYS DO NOT LIKE MX, AND MOST OF THE MX GUYS HATE THE THOUGHT OF BANGING TREES. :coocoo: I LIKE TO RIDE EVERYTHING, AND LIKE I SAID I'M VERY LUCKY TO HAVE HAD THESE OPPORTUNITIES IN THE 30+ YEARS I'VE BEEN RIDING/RACING. :cool:

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
Fred T said:
Have you ever ridden a 3 hour moto before?
THAT'S WHAT SEPARATES THE MEN FROM THE BOYS FREDDY :nener: AND IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE 3 HRS SOLO THERE IS THE TEAM CLASSES :nod: THAT IS WHAT IS GREAT ABOUT H/S THERE IS A LARGE VARIETY OF TRACKS, FROM ALL WOODS TO MOSTLY MX AND A GREAT MIX OF BOTH. WHAT MORE COULD YOU ASK FOR??? WE LIVE IN A GREAT STATE FOR RIDING AND RACING. :cool:

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
SNDMN2 said:
I hope to make it. We have trail maintanance in Cadillac on Saturday. If all goes well I"ll be home Sat. night. There is a fat,50, and out of shape class isn"t there ? "C" class starts around 12:00 - 12:30 ?
YES SNDMN2 YOU CAN RIDE SUPER SENIOR 50+ AND RIDE FOR 2HRS. OR 10 LAPS WHICHEVER COMES FIRST,AND AT OUR TRACK IT WILL MOST LIKELY BE 10 LAPS. PLAN ON BEING THERE BY 10:30 AM. BEING THE FIRST H/S OF THE YEAR THE LINES WILL BE VERY LONG, WITH RIDERS GETTING D-14, AMA, AND NEW BARCODES. RICK, MAKE SURE THAT YOU LOOK ME UP OUT THERE. JUST ASK THE GUYS AT THE GATE OR A CLUBMEMBER FOR ME. HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!!!

DAVE LEATHERS. :)

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
Trackstar said:
3 hour moto sounds sweet. Job takes me out West for a fiew days, if not for that I'd be all over this.
Me too. Not going west but I have plans for the weekend. That 12 hrs. on Drummond sounds sweet, you want to team with me? Most don't know me but I'm one of the local fast guys, you won't be dissapointed. :ride:

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Trackstar said:
3 hour moto sounds sweet. Job takes me out West for a fiew days, if not for that I'd be all over this.
Bring your old school 500 to Battle Creek HS on May 6th.

DW

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
TCT sounds like the OVERBORE kit was the way to go.

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
Wolverine423 said:
That CR1800 probably gyrates worse than crack head with a pay check. ;)
NO WAY DW, IT'S A HONDA, :nener: SMOOTH AS A NEWBORN BABYS BEHIND, AND WITH THE OPTIONAL STIHL CHAINSAW BARK-BUSTERS I'LL BE RIPPEN THROUGH THE JACKPINE TREES AND ANYONE THAT GETS IN MY WAY!!! :yikes:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002

ChrisKring

Jun 20, 2006
D.LEATHERS said:
THERE SHOULD BE ALL THE INFO NEEDED ON THE WEBSITE, THE RACE IS A GO AND THE TRACK IS IN GREAT SHAPE FOR THE RACE TOMMOROW. :ride: TRACI I SENT YOU AN E-MAIL ABOUT RIDING MONDAY???

The website doesn't say what classes there are. Neither does the D14 website. It also doesn't say how much the race is.

Please consider that guys that I am coming with have never raced a harescramble around here. There are five of us. Four race MX and one has raced GNCCs and trail rides.

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
ChrisKring said:
The website doesn't say what classes there are. Neither does the D14 website. It also doesn't say how much the race is.

Please consider that guys that I am coming with have never raced a harescramble around here. There are five of us. Four race MX and one has raced GNCCs and trail rides.
CHRIS, IT IS 10.00 TO GET IN THE GATE, 25.00 TO SIGN-UP AND IF YOU NEED TO RE-NEW AMA OR D-14 YOU CAN ALSO DO THAT AT THE TRACK. YOU WILL ALSO NEED A BAR CODE FOR SCORING THOSE ARE 5.00 AND ARE GOOD ALL SEASON LONG. MAKE SURE YOU BRING YOUR HELMET WITH YOU TO SIGN-UP. AS FAR AS CLASSES GO YOU CAN GET THEM AT D14 WEBSITE. I JUST DOWNLOADED THEM THIS WEEK. THEY ARE UNDER: 2007 D-14 H/S RULES. IF YOU STILL CAN'T FIND THEM CALL ME 517-712-9442 AND I WILL TRY TO HELP YOU OUT. :cool:

Top Bottom