holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
I'll be a "Super Senior" next year as well. That won't help any, because some of the better TWMC riders are in the SS class and there aren't too many of 'em. Some of them have been riding enduros for 30+ years, so there aren't too many "noobs" in that class either.

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Hey, you guys post your minute and letter and I will post up some pix.

and not one of ya said Hi on the way by :moon: :laugh:

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
JPIVEY said:
Hey, you guys post your minute and letter and I will post up some pix.

and not one of ya said Hi on the way by :moon: :laugh:

Eel Tony Thumbs and I were on 88A, 88B and 88C. in that order. FYI I only saw the photos by Grumpy banner, that's not you, right?

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
nonickname said:
Sounds good. I heard on the D37 board that 2 of the D37 officials have made some headway with the rangers on getting Red stickers into this race, so we'll see. Are they taking pre-entries already?
I don't like riding enduros with a really fast guy on my minute, but it'll be fun for the qualifier. They stagger you into the specials still, don't they? It's probably been 6-7 years since I last rode one of these.

Eel and I rode it last year. They we're really strict on the sound check, I had to scramble before the race and kept having to take disc's out of my series pipe. That part really sucked. I'm not sure about the sticker thing. I thought red's were cool, as Thumbs has ridden his CR there before. Yes they do stagger the specials. It's basically go as fast as you can from point a to be ,they trail ride for a while then go as fast as you can again and so on. It's kind of a different format than anything I'd seen before.

VWMC's site does not have the entry forms up yet. I will be there again also. I remember last year dragging A$$ on loop 2. I'm definently bringing the 300 over the 250f. Overall it was alot of fun.

Last edited:

nonickname

Mar 9, 2004
scar tissue said:
They we're really strict on the sound check...

The Prospectors read my 300 at 85 db, so I should be OK (even though that seems a bit low). I bring packing to every race just in case.

And Jim, I was on 15A in prospectors. Grumpy seemed to pick an odd spot for his photos this time. I saw his banner as we were heading for this pile of rocks, and I thought there was going to be a rock jump or drop-off or something. Instead, right as I get close to the rocks, he jumps up from behind a rock and gets a pick of me just turning (must've been changing cameras or something). He startled me so much, that I'm lucky he didn't get a pic of me crashing. I liked your photo-op location much better.

JPIVEY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
It was kinda funny, I had to use my truck this time, I drove around the dez trying to pick up the course, Once I found it , I did a little backtrack to that spot, I figured I was way the hell out there, but it turned out I was less than a mile from camp as the crow flies............Gawd, I miss my bike.

Anywho, I will check these out tonight and post'um.

Anybody doing Dirtdiggers DS this weekend ?????

JPIVEY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
lets try this, I forgot how to do this and what size they should be

Attachments

• 15a b.jpg
    15a b.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 126
  • 65c b.jpg
    65c b.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 132

JPIVEY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
ok, so the first two are No Nick and Phast Phart

and these should be Eel and Thumbs

Attachments

• 88a b.jpg
    88a b.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 131
  • 88b b.jpg
    88b b.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 89

JPIVEY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
I don't think I did that right, they're not very big and they don't look as clear as they really do

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
KTM's are taking over the world. Thank God Eel is supporting the Spainards in their time of need..

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Yep that's us. Thanks for the shots. FYI I could help you make a banner or sign if you like one. I made the large DRN banners I gave to Okie and Rex.

RE: Grumpy's spot. I liked it, there was a nice berm there and you could lay your bike over and throw up some roost right before you plowed into the boulders :laugh: .

nonickname

Mar 9, 2004
scar tissue said:
RE: Grumpy's spot. I liked it, there was a nice berm there and you could lay your bike over and throw up some roost right before you plowed into the boulders :laugh: .

Not much of a berm on minute 15. I looked at Tim Moore's photo (minute 1) and there was absolutely NO berm. Oh well, I guess it's a trade-off. You guys got a good photo-op, I got uphills that weren't chewed-up pieces of Cr*p. :joke:

And Jim, I think the photo looks great. You actually caught me with my elbows up for a change.

JPIVEY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Tator, I sent you a email, I don't think I can post it here..........I think that would be spamming, I think

Top Bottom