oilspot

Sep 11, 2006
I've now got a pro circuit platnium on my 92' rmx 250. As far as silencers made to fit the bike there aren't many. I need a forest approved spark arrestor and would like the quietest silencer available. Of course It will probably have to be a universal.
At this point I'm thinking I'll use the turbinecore 2 universal but if anybody else knows of any other options let me know. I've tried searching for differant manufactures but mabey I"m missing something.

I figure why not try to be as quiet as possible. But of course, power is a must.

Last edited:

mxrider76

May 12, 2006
get anything execpt that has shorty,or factory sound in it lol

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Check into the DB Snorkel. You will be pleasantly surprised, quiet but ugly.

MX86

Dec 27, 2006
PC makes a forest aprroved R304 silencer. i dunno if it fits the bike but it's worth a shot

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
You can make the exhaust quiet as a whisper, but that bike will still make a ton of intake noise. Most of what you hear while on the bike is through the intake. Consider adding baffles in the air box to quiet things down.

oilspot

Sep 11, 2006
never thought about intake noise...
As far a the fmf q, they don't make one for my bike, and they don't make a universal q. So I'm looking for a good universal fit unit.

Rotorranch

Feb 10, 2007
My '89 has a Answer Sneaker silencer/spark arrestor and FMF Gold Series pipe on it. Nice and quiet! Don't know if you can still buy a new one or not.

Rotor

NJGregsCR

Feb 25, 2007
Quiet exhaust tips

76GMC1500 said:
You can make the exhaust quiet as a whisper, but that bike will still make a ton of intake noise. Most of what you hear while on the bike is through the intake. Consider adding baffles in the air box to quiet things down.

Can anybody outline how to add baffles into the airbox to quiet the bike down more. I just ordered the db Snorkel, along with a stock 97 CR250R silencer and new packing, and new FMF header gaskets @ the exhaust port. Any additional tips on airbox baffles, or seals between my FMF fatty pipe and the silencer will be appreciated!

trying to quiet the beast!
Greg

Top Bottom