rollingp

Oct 31, 2001
From my veiw at INDY it sure looked like RC took Travis out.
We were sitting right there and he just came right into his back wheel. Jeremy would have never made that kind of move .
Travis could have won that race even though it was a close battle between RC Pastrana and the Cobra.
Im happy RC didnt win. DV made a sweet and "clean " pass on him on the last lap.
I have to give Travis allot of credit, he was flying and was faster through the whoops than RC or DV.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Seems like RC is anxious to make his mark on the MX/SX world before Bubba comes up and makes him look like the punk he is. Too bad RC's mark is going to be one of a crybaby that will do any cheap move to win :mad: I don't have much respect for anybody that rides that way even if they are 100 times faster than I'll ever be. McGrath in 6th or 7th is a better MX/SX hero than the little red headed troll.

MXFastGuy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 11, 2001
I haven't seen the race yet, so I can't say whether RC rammed Travis or not. I can say, however, that regardless of that, any and all boos that Troll garners are well deserved. He may be fast on a motorcycle, but his job entails more than that. I just got off my soapbox on another thread in this forum (Indy Results), however, so I won't repeat it here.

Rock on, MC, LaRock, Travis, and guys with class and savvy. Troll, you're getting a little lesson in "what goes around comes around" and the fans aren't as stupid as you think.

MXFastGuy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 11, 2001
Originally posted by Truespode

I really don't care if you dislike him or not but I don't think having such strong feelings against the guy is warranted when people really know very little about him.

I think we know enough about him. We also know enough about most of the other riders who are generally liked. Perhaps RC can put a little more effort into the 5% of his life that the fans see. We couldn't care less what he does with the other 95%. As a person, we don't know him and don't judge him. As a professional motocross racer we know him quite well and are therefore very qualified to form our own opinions. ;)

Food for thought: If the tides were turned and the fans thought that Travis bumped RC, do you think TP would have been booed so severely?

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Originally posted by Truespode

It isn't his job to be everyone's best friend.

Ivan

But it also not his job to make his sponsor look bad......oh but I guess Honda doesn't need any help doing that.

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
BULL!

travis missed the inside line, trys to regain it at the last minute, RC goes for the inside line that TRAVIS LEFT OPEN, and you guys call it a take out move???

give me a break.

they showed it clear on ABC a minute ago.

Thats racing my friends.

wardy

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I agree it's racing. Pastrana will ride with that in mind from now on. I'm also sure he'll return the favor given the chance.;)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Wardy was right, RC didn't deserve the boo's. Travis blew it.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Mob mentality takes over. He's been cheered before and now boo'ed. While it might not be deserved and is in really poor taste I'm sure he'll get over as he counts his millions.:D

jsmith811

Jun 21, 2000
RC/Pastrana

Pastrana summed it up best according to cyclenews in this quote.

,” Pastrana said. “I had trouble with that section, and when I tried jumping in the rut, Ricky didn’t do me any favors. He could’ve avoided taking me out, but that’s racing.

Pastrana almost lost it trying to avoid hitting RC just before he passed him going into the whoop section, but he did not hit him. These guys are good enough not to hit each other unless they WANT to.

Lostrider

Jan 21, 2002
Was RC a troll last year? Give me a break. I also watched it on the replay and it was a totally fair move . The guy had no where to go, Pastrana is lucky he didn't get run completely over. I think they are both good racers and thats the way it goes, could have easily been the other way around.

What about Vuillemin ! what a pass! Too cool.

rollingp

Oct 31, 2001
Re: RC/Pastrana

Originally posted by jsmith811
Pastrana summed it up best according to cyclenews in this quote.

,” Pastrana said. “I had trouble with that section, and when I tried jumping in the rut, Ricky didn’t do me any favors. He could’ve avoided taking me out, but that’s racing.

Pastrana almost lost it trying to avoid hitting RC just before he passed him going into the whoop section, but he did not hit him. These guys are good enough not to hit each other unless they WANT to.

You are right and RC did have time to change the line.
Travis had recovered and was starting to move forward when RC put his front wheel into him.
The camara cant show how RC gassed it when he saw Travis get a little out of shape . He had recovered and then there was the contact. From our angle it looked very rushed and diliberate.We were right on top of that section and I think RC should have picked a better place to make his move.
I feel he had plenty of time to attempt a cleaner pass and if he would have at least Travis would have finished higher up. To me it looked like a move one would make at a local 5 lap race when there isnt much time to loose.
Anyway thats how it goes and there will be another day.

Am going to Daytona sx, cant wait

Last edited:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
rollingp pretty much nailed it. I love digital recording! I watched it happen then finished out the race. Went back to the incident and did normal playback and it looked questionable, the ABC slow motion play back only caught the incident as it happened and it made it look more in RC's favor but running the big picture through slow replay at several speeds it's pretty obvious what happened. Travis blew his line but recovered and RC had slowed for the corner and then just jammed it. Sure he's short but I think he could see over the Tuf box. Besides when your coming in to the corner aren't you supposed to be looking a little farther ahead than your front fender? He was plenty slowed down enough to stop coing throught the tight inside line he had but instead he chose to "not do any favors" racing yeah, just not clean racing. Every rider deserves the reputation they get because they created it. Who would you rather have endorcing your product the clean racer that the fan like or the one that has cried on the podium for not getting first and will ride a little less than clean? Number one plates don't mean everything.

bwalker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 10, 2000
What a bunch of nancys. From what I seen it was TP out of control that caused the incident. Heck, If hannah where there he wouldve droped the clutch while he was running the guy over. I think this whole boo RC thing is a result of him being the best rider and people dislike of the big red machine.

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
No way that was a cheap shot at Travis. RC's mo pushed TP's rear, thus spinning the suzook around. Watched it 3 times on tape, and it was totally not a take out move by RC.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Originally posted by bwalker
RC thing is a result of him being the best rider and people dislike of the big red machine.

Him being the best rider??????Thats a matter of opinion. A wrong opinion in my opinion.:p ;)

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I completely agree with Wardy and bwalker. Travis bobbled and left the door wide open. RC went for it and Travis dove back inside right in front of a faster rider.

RC did hit the clutch & gas, but he's got those stubby little legs and IMHO he was instinctively putting power down to keep from tipping over.

I can't believe RC himself left the door so open for DV on the last lap! He must have been really tired.

Natester

Jun 24, 2001
I saw the TFS sequence on motonews, and then on ABC this afternoon. I'm not an RC fan by any strech of the imagination, but that was all Travis. He got sloppy and didn't protect the inside, then took himself out. I love that kid, but there's always a high pucker-factor watching him ride, he's so on the edge. As far as RC goes, the angry elf doesn't deserve the boos, but the crowd is entitled to their opinion I guess, and it probably looked like a takeout from the stands. My .02:scream:

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
you know what the difference is

it is that pro riders have all the fan's to do there cryin. as an amatuer one has to cry for themselves. I wonder how many riders in here actually have been in that situation while racing? Pros are real good at what they do, the best was witness today on ABC racing in a confined area.
IF that is to be considered "dirty" racing then from where i come from we all need a bath? and boy oh boy don't go to michigan, we dont' have a towel big enough for those tears!

"nancys" :)

LOL DW2 full afternoon class of " to be or not to be Stuffed"

Ask billy see what he says!

:think

I need to get off the box now, its groaning from the strain........

wardy

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
Re: BULL!

Originally posted by wardy
travis missed the inside line, trys to regain it at the last minute, RC goes for the inside line that TRAVIS LEFT OPEN, and you guys call it a take out move???

Thats the way I saw it last night and after watching the replay I feel the same way. Travis left the inside open and when he tried to cut back into it Carmichael was making the right move and was already there.

steve125

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Let's see Travis fumbles and tries to get back in line, but RC is in the rut where Travis shoulda been. RC taps him and he goes down,thats no take out move. I think everyone needs to back off on RC and just enjoy the racing.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
I just watched it (recorded earlier today) they replayed it and TP messed up and then tried to take the inside at a slower speed. RC nailed him and TP went down. I don't care for RC myself, but it was not dirty or intentional.

Kevin

Top Bottom