KXTodd

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2000
I bought a new computer in Nov., got one of the fastest, most memory etc. I could for a reasonable price considering my computer illiteracy. 2.4 GHZ, 512MB RAM.etc.. Way faster than my last one 233mhz! Anyway it was geting slower and slower(i have DSL) and I couldn't figure out what was wrong, tried defrag and the regular stuff but ended up calling in the computer geeks to fix it up. Cost over $200 , cause I had them transfer my old files too. First trip the guy cleaned out a bunch of programs that had installed themselves in the startup program and were running all the time. Still slow......called again, this time noticed that an exe. file was taking up 98% of my cpu power! It turned out to be a file from Real 1 player, had to unistall it and my computer is flying now the way it should be It was running at less than half the speed it should have been. Just bring this up because most of the clips I've watched were from here, I appreciate the people putting them up but please consider a different format! I guess the way some clips are made they can only be viewed by Real 1 ?

B

biglou

I haven't had any issues with RealPlayer1. If you see that your media files are a Real icon, right click it, then click "Properties", then, where it says "Opens With", click the "Choose Program" button. From there you can click "Windows Media Player" and all your Real files (in that folder, at least) should follow suit and change their icon to the WMV icon. I do have, however, some files that will only open in Real. But, like I said, I haven't had any issues with that program. They have a few pop-up, automatic update and advertisement things that you can disable, and that's not too difficult. It tries to update you about new music, new deals, etc... There is a RealPlayer control panel somewhere that will let you disable what you don't want or need. Hey, if I can do it, you can do it! ;)

Top Bottom