wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
Drill out the rivets (use a bit just big enough to drill it out without making the hole in the s/a any bigger)

pull it apart

clean all the spooge (Yamaha Combustion Chamber Cleaner worKs GREAT)

pack it with silent sport

go to Wallyworld and get a rivet tool and some rivets

slap 'er together and put in new rivets

RIDE

BTW, Mine is a Turbine Core ISDE, the rivets need to be removed to repack around the turbine/spark arrestor

Last edited:

KtownKDXer

Apr 11, 2002
JOHNNY WHITE said:
I Have A Fmf Turbinecore 2 Spark Arrester. How Do You Repack It ? There Are No Screws To Take It Apart Just Rivets.

There are two sections associated with the TC2 - the silencer, which is held together with screws and where you'll find the packing, and the turbine core spark arrestor held together with rivets.

To repack the silencer remove the 3 screws from the front of the silencer using a 4mm allen wrench. Do not remove the
rear endcap. Hold the stinger in one hand with it pointing down, and gently tap the aluminum bracket with a wood block in a downward motion to slip out the inner core assembly from the canister. Be careful not to damage the silencer. Unwrap
the packing from the core and discard. Using a wire brush, clean the perforated core and do a final wipe down with
contact cleaner. Wrap the core with new FMF 2-stroke packing (or your choice of suitable packing) and secure with a strip of masking tape. Do not pack too tightly, as this will hamper performance. Before re-installing inner core assembly, apply a thin layer of hi-temp silicon on the front end cap, where the aluminum canister slips over. Slip inner core assembly into canister making sure that it fully seats in the rear endcap. Re-install the allen screws until snug or tighten 1/4 turn after the screw makes contact with the canister. No need to drill out any rivets unless you think you need to clean the "turbine core". The thin layer of carbon on the "turbine core" should not affect performance. I've never cleaned mine and it runs like a rocket.

Top Bottom