morgan

Nov 30, 2001
Mike---what's the deal with the guy who lives across the street from the fairgrounds (first house on the left once you turn onto Kellyville Rd.)? Has all the motorcycle plastic--and gas tank-- screwed to his mailbox.

I bet he's ecstatic about the ROS coming there.

Or is that you? :think:

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
morgan said:
Mike---what's the deal with the guy who lives across the street from the fairgrounds (first house on the left once you turn onto Kellyville Rd.)? Has all the motorcycle plastic--and gas tank-- screwed to his mailbox.

I bet he's ecstatic about the ROS coming there.

Or is that you? :think:

Nope not me...that is Joel's place. (I live south of M-32 near corner of Mouch and Baker) He did that "artwork" for who knows what...just to show he is a biker i guess! Some of the stuff is old parts I gave him actually (the frame is a 66 Gilera for example(

Actually, I think it was a suggestion from Joel at ROS last year that started the thinking about Atlatna for ROS this year. Right now it is doubtful he will be here then - he is in the process of moving (sorta...long story). If anyone wants to buy a house up this way, let me know - he is working on selling it I think. It is about 1/2 mile away from the MCCT, 1/4 mile away from the DNR trailhead on M-33. And right across the street from the fairgrounds and ROS HQ!

Hey Morgan - if you know that corner, you must be up this way - lets ride sometime! (I gotta get through OT on this hand first so it will be a while unfortuantely)

morgan

Nov 30, 2001
Wow, Mouch and Baker-------the ROS DS loop will be going right past your house. I remember a place just south east of that corner where there were a couple bikes and also a couple old Mopars (sorta into those).

Too bad Joel (now I know his name) is leaving. Nice place. Will be sad to see the "plastic" leave the mailbox.

>>>Hey Morgan - if you know that corner, you must be up this way - lets ride sometime!

Definitly----bet you know some hidden trails.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Morgan - I think i know the car you are talking about - a genuine orange Dukes of Hazard Mobile! Actually it lives just west of that intersection, right on Baker road.

I may have to join in on that DS ride - though dunno if my 250 is all that well suited for it - it is plated however.

We will ride soon! (I am going crazy - it has been almost 4 months since my last ride!)

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
INCA said:
Edit - on a bike!).

uh Ted...is there any other kind of ride? Can you explain the other options? :moon:

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Just over 5 weeks until ROS! I think you guys will be happy with what they are pulling together up here. Phil Morrison and his (bro in law?) was up here last weekend to get some loop milages figured out etc (they must of had some nasty conditions!) - and my impression is things are coming together well.

For those wondering about trails here - not much in "tight" trails - but 80 miles of ORV trail that was groomed last fall will make for some great riding. There is also 40 or more miles of ORV route for those looking for an easier ride. (not sure how much of either will be laid out as "officially" part ofthe event or not).

I know that the local chamber of commerce is 100% behind it, and many local businesses are eager to see it happen. The President of the Chamber is absolutely chomping at the bit to do everything she can to make this a warm welcome. Her and Phil are working on a variety of ideas to make this a pleasant and welcoming experience. One idea being bounced around is a "snack stop" or two out on the trails - so leave the trail muchies at camp, and plan on supporting the Chamber's Firework's fund!

One of the local motels does have a pool, and people not staying there can use it for a reasonable fee. Hopefully they could work out showers as well? (dunno on that one). I heard comment that one of the smaller motels in Atlanta is full or nearly full for that weekend already, so if you plan to motel it, get reservations made now!

I will get up on my "small town business" soap box for a moment - events like this are a big deal for a little town like Atlanta - potential for significant economic impact. Not just from the stand point of $ brought in from THIS event, but also from future events as well as riders who normally might not consider riding in this area, being exposed to the area due to ROS, and coming back to ride at other times. Clearly the Chamber's hope is for this to come back next year and many years to come - so come on up, spend your money in little old Atlanta!

If anyone has any local area questions, or other things I can help out with from up this way, let me know.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
1) Can my family of 5 sleep on your couch?

2) Is that bathroom project done yet?

3) Do you have an approved permit from the DNR and USFS this year to run such an event?

.... Just yanking your D.I.D chain there Mister Mike.... We'll be staying and swimming at the local A-Sans, Sands-o'-Time, or something like that. Reservations made!

While I will bring up a wallet full of cash for Atlanta businesses, my plan is to avoid contributing to the local law enforcement out on M-33.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Smit-Dog said:
1) Can my family of 5 sleep on your couch?

Sure thing! Particularly with that narrow profile shoulder of yours!

2) Is that bathroom project done yet?

Dont you DARE mention that to Sheila! (actually, I bought the final stuff I need to finish it off just a couple days ago! Now it needs a few months to acclimatize to the area, then I will need some time to carefully think it all through (where did I leave my beer anyhow?)

3) Do you have an approved permit from the DNR and USFS this year to run such an event?

Yes Sir, no Sir, officer what did you say your name is?

.... Just yanking your D.I.D chain there Mister Mike.... We'll be staying and swimming at the local A-Sans, Sands-o'-Time, or something like that. Reservations made!

:cool:

While I will bring up a wallet full of cash for Atlanta businesses, my plan is to avoid contributing to the local law enforcement out on M-33.

Good plan, but I already contacted my neighbor to tell him you will be in the area! :p

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Flyer
http://home.comcast.net/~wcsmith/ROS/ROS_2006_Flyer.pdf

Contest

http://home.comcast.net/~wcsmith/ROS/ROS_2006_Contest.pdf

Aerial

ROS_2006_Fairgrounds.jpg

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
Picture notes:
There's more to the fairgrounds to the right (which is north). The clearing that appears to continue in the above photo does go a bit further. At the end of it will be the bike gate as directly across M-33 is the trailhead/DNR and the actual trail.

Top Bottom