silver_Truck

Jan 3, 2006
Hey all, I've just finished rebuilding my 01 rm250 and getting the bottom end broken in (3 10 min on 20 min cooling heat cycles). I rode it yesterday just fine all though the clutch outer bolts backed out but that has since been fixed, the only other thing is that it won't idle. When I rent to ride it this morning it started up just fine on like the second kick and warmed up normally but when I went to take off to go ride it just bogged out and killed itself and now won't start, tries to but just won't catch. Actually it did catch once and just smoked a bunch and bogged down even if i gave it gas then it died after about 2-3 seconds. Any suggestions on where to start? Also does anyone have kind of baseline settings for the carb? It's got a fresh rebuild, suzuki piston kit, ims rod, all balls bearings and seals crank was trued, fresh maxima oil, redline premix at 36:1 92 octane, Twin air filter, ngk plug, moose torque reeds (the carbon fiber ones), pro circuit pipe and silencer ,if you need any more info to help me out I'll try and get it to you.

kamchuka

Mar 30, 2006
i would

replace the plug anyway, br9 or 8 es, make sure it has the R.
if that doesnt fix it. do you still have good comp.? something might have sliped off (wrist pin key) or whatever. bought a bike from a guy a few years ago, he rebuilt the whole thing ran great for about 5 min. and then a wristpin key fell off and scored the cylinder and the bike did what your talking about.

mathisc

Apr 24, 2006
i have a 95 rm 250 and had the exect same problem. Has the top end been rebuilt??? it sounds like your rings are worn. Do a compression check if possible. if not i would rebuild the top end.

jeebzes

Apr 22, 2006
Check the plug if its fouled or not replace it any way then keep the plug out put in gear and push the bike for about 20 25seconds to get the access gas out put the plug in try it agin should start unless the top end needs replacing. :)

bikercrazy99

Apr 26, 2006
big problem :P:P

take it to a motorbike shop n leave it there, they will do a few tests n it cud b a CDI unit, coils, etc i had it on my bike last yr, spent alot to repair but lk 400 quid all together but i did have new swingin arm bearings with it so take that off. good luck

bikercrazy99

Apr 26, 2006
under the choke it

under the choke it chud be a nut there figgle with that and see if it IDLEs mine did, off roaders(shop) told me to do that and it worked

Top Bottom