barkbuster67

Nov 6, 2002
Hey all, sorry I wasn't able to catch everyone before they left. I hope everyone had a good time and picked up some hardware. I needed to get going in a hurry because some BIG guy showed up by the trophy area looking for this Walt guy that apparently put in some trail he didn't like Because he was on a XR650 :yikes: . Luckily I just happen to be the guy he asked, so being the veteran trail rider I am I came clean and told him just who to look for. The APB was put out on a guy about 5'4" around 140lbs, recently had neck surgery, for which he is recovering nicley from (you looked real good Fred). He works at an insurance agency he part owns in Escanaba (Magoo, is my life insurance up to date?). I also hear he is very handy with a computer and is a wizz on the internet(Smit-Dog, did ya finish the race?) The best place to catch him though would be at Zambons in Marquette.(Nick, don't cut this guy any slack).

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Thanks

Hey Walt, sorry I missed you too but I did tell the guy to start looking somewhere in Gladstone MI, there will be a GAs GAs parked in the back of a truck. You don't have to thank me but you might want to practice those Kung Foo moves right away. I wonder how that "C" rider that was asking how to get outta here did later in the day?

Also you get the "helper of the day" award for carnage clean up and giving guys on Suzukis showers.

later

freddy

barkbuster67

Nov 6, 2002
The only reason I helped those riders was because I was still feeling all tingly after all those wonderful negitive comments from riders coming through our OB. With the only positive comment coming from one of the Skunk helmet guys who said "that was cool". Which you and Magoo explained to me that what he really ment to say was "that is some sick a$$ trail and who ever put that in needs counseling from Bill Gusse".
Let us know when you're ready to ride, we'll find out what that section is like first hand.
OK, gotta go, I'm having my first lesson on Kung Fu today :bang:

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
BoneCrusher67 - I think you did a fine job in laying out trail, considering it was your first dual-sport event and all. And thanks for the tip on getting the blinkers put on the bike... never did get pulled over, but was able to ride in confidence knowing I was street legal. What's next for you now, setting up a Poker Run?

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
Farmer Tom's race report

Well, I had a very exciting weekend!!! It all started off Saturday morning when Don Marsh, Tom C, Chad, Mike Maurer, Fred T, and myself went out to run some checks for the Mini. It was a ton of fun, except for the helmet incedent... :bang: but after that we (the Kasky group) headed off to Lake Superior and washed off the dust. We finished off the day with sign-up and some race preperation.

Sunday morning started at six bells with some killer pancakes (thanks Don!) and a comical rider's meeting from Nick. Almost everyone was ready except for me because I was on minute 48. So I finally get dressed and head up to the line and wait for my minute to come up. After about ten minutes I took off like a bat out of hell! I was feeling really good; slicing through the trees, flying up the hills and passing people like there was no tomorrow. Then I came out to a 2-track and started hammering down it. The dust wasn't to bad because there wasn't anyone in front of me so I proceeded down at a higher rate of speed. After a few bends I came up on someone and the suddenly my bike was off the ground and flipping fowards. I was dumped off the front and rag dolling it fown the 2-track. When I stopped moving I looked up just in time to see my bike violently flipping into the woods just a few feet in front of me. I lept to my feet to get out of the way and to assess the damage. My right wrist and right thigh were extremely sore and my left shoulder was really messed up. I went and shut my bike off and fell to the ground in pain. I pulled my gear off and layed in the shade. After about a hour and a half the sheriff came with a quad and a cart, which transported me to the ambulance and then to the hospital. I had some X-rays and found out that my wrist and leg were fine but I had broken my collarbone and tore all of the ligaments in my shoulder. So I hung out with the hotties at Marquette General until Don picked me up. Later everyone headed home and I headed to Lansing for orientation at MSU with lots of pain killers.

Today I looked at the bike to tally up the damage: broken throttle assembly, broken clutch hose, bent handlebars, bent bark busters, smashed roll chart, smashed KTM computer, broken rear fender, and twisted sub-frame.
:ahhh: Death to the Farmer Tom racer... :(

barkbuster67

Nov 6, 2002
Tom, sorry to hear about the collar bone. We were waiting for you at OB 3. At least you got to meet some of the GWG members at the hospital. Here's to a speedy recovery, for you and the bike.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Tommy D - If Lafferty can do it, you too can be healed in time for the Jack Pine in August.

And don't worry about the bike.... I know of a sweet 2005 250exc that's just collecting dust. Given your riding style though, the security deposit may be a little steep... :ohmy:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Smit-Dog said:
Tommy D - And don't worry about the bike.... I know of a sweet 2005 250exc that's just collecting dust. ... :ohmy:

Gee, where would that be?

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
Walt, remember when I said that all of the hot women in the U.P. work at the Back Country Lodge?

I lied.

The rest of them work at Marquette General Hospital. There are no GWG members there.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Tom Dixon said:
Walt, remember when I said that all of the hot women in the U.P. work at the Back Country Lodge?

I lied.

The rest of them work at Marquette General Hospital. There are no GWG members there.

Tommy
They all look good on the good pain killers. GWG goggles.

Top Bottom