mx_59

Jul 16, 2006
i bought safety wire pliers from Motosport, i thought they were supposed to spin by themselves when you pull the thing (w/e its called) back? i'm having to twist them by hand, is this right? never used any b4 so just wonderin :think:

ExeterXCSP

Oct 29, 2005
In aviation maintenance we use this type of safety wire pliers on a daily basis and they work very well. If you take the safety wire pliers and grasp the two ends of the wire in the jaws and squeeze the handles enough so you can lock them with the little slide lock, you should be able to pull back on the knob and the wire will twist. You pull and release the knob as many times as it takes to get the number of twists that you want. When you have the twists that you want you just squeeze the handles again and they release the wire. Just make sure you bend the cut end out of the way so you don't impale yourself on it. They aren't used enough on motorcycles to make it worth having unless you race all the time I suppose. The ones you have could be defective if you can't get them to work.

Top Bottom