May 11, 2000
i got a price on complete porting not cleaning and head milling
he said also he would strip the coating out of the bore and
reline the cyclinder im wondering the cylinder would have to be
re coated :D any idea's

Sage

dirtbike riding roadracer
Mar 28, 2001
if you port the cylinder and don't replate it, the stock plateing will start to tear off after a few rides.

I'll probley get banned because somebody used my name and I replyed, but after 50+ views somebody could have answered your question.

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
I thought you might want to handle this one, Sage.

Sage's comments concurr with a those of local tuner, Mike Velasco. Kawasaki's two strokes are notorious for peeled plating, some only go a few tanks of fuel before they flake.

If you are going this far, why not make it big?

Sage

Mar 28, 2001
Originally posted by fishhead
If you are going this far, why not make it big?

My thought on this one is if you 240 it right off the bat then down the line there no place to go if a failure occurs, new cylinder & start over.

Now a 240 piston with a 5mm stroker crank???????? KDX 300??? :)

agitt73

~SPONSOR~
May 11, 2000
so due to bad plating porting lossens it up
ooh by the way
20over = 2?? cc's
40over=2?? cc's
60over=2?? cc's
80over=2?? cc's
100over=2?? cc's
who can answer this for me

Sage

Mar 28, 2001
I wanted to do it to my bike, but I'm having trouble finding the resources to build a 5mm stroker crank (need the machine work and a shorter rod) also I wanted to design a flat top, single ring, high compression race piston but wiseco wants a 20 or 25 piston purchase for one off pistons, at about $80.00 each thats more money than my little shop can swing right now. (but man would a KDX 300 with a 00 KX125 frontend be sweet!!)

agitt73: to find the displacement use this formula:

b*b*s*.0007854 = cylinder volume in cc's, * the amount of cylinders = total displacement

b = bore
s = stroke

agitt73

~SPONSOR~
May 11, 2000
i will not be concerned about the porting until the first of next year
feb-mar-april around in there what would be a good size of piston to
get

Sage

Mar 28, 2001
My mistake, a 5mm stroker and a big bore piston (72mm) is a hair under 260cc not the 300cc as stated above. sorry.

teton

Dec 13, 2000
Hey sagey, do you have the KX 125 front end on a bike or do you plan on doing this mod ?
Any luck yet on thos Ti pull rods ? Here's one, how about a Ti sub frame, or even cut the solid side and welding some brakets for a complete new aluminum or ti sub frame ? Might save a few precious pounds and add some trickness !!:cool:

Sage

Mar 28, 2001
Lots of ideas, not lots of money. :( , I made a set of steel pull rods and they have been in use for about a year now but I had 2 people flake on me so far for production pieces. I wanted laser cut TI that was the same thickness as stock so you can use the stock bolts. steel is too heavy and aluminum would have to be thicker with sleeves so you would have to use different bolts. I have a 00 KX125 frontend but I need a wheel and I'm too cheap to pop for a excell right now. as far as the sub frame, some mounts for a standard kx sub frame wouldn't be so hard, I think?

Top Bottom