Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
i did get the full spark arrestor/ silencer(fmf turbine core), i have the stock silencer on it now.
you do know that you are going to have to wear "The pink tutu" on this ride.
hahaha, great it will match my pink outfit :D
i will pickup a few smaller jets (mains), do you think i will need to change the pilot? and will i have time to do this there? and not hold up the ride?

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
I don't think you will need to change the pilot, just the main and maybe drop your needle.

There is always someone holding the group up, better you than me. ;) Everyone is real cool and will be willing to help ya if needed but at least try to get your jetting close before you get out there.

Temps - in the 80's
Altitude - 2k to 6k feet

It's hard to get your jetting perfect for the entire ride because of the elevation changes so you'll have to find a happy medium.

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
my main jet is a 150, the needle on second from the top, it runs good and jetted for sea level, the end of the pipe is wet, but it doesnt spooge.
i like my jetting a hair rich. any suggestion on initial jetting/setup??
and what which jets a should bring? if i keep asking these questions, i have a feeling i will be wearing a flowered bonnet too :)

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Here's a tip that works for me: get the jetting close, and if it's still too rich add some pre-mix oil to the tank. This will lean out the fuel mixture; more oil = less gas, get it? I'm jetted for 3000' (high desert) and just by switching from 40:1 to 32:1 the bike will run up there without a jetting change.

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
I guess I better wash it seeing as KTM handed it to me with stains last time.
i wont ask which side the stains were on! i gotta wear this thing? the horror :)
i have been running at 40:1, so i guess i can drop it to 32:1(been wanting ti do that anyways) pickup some smaller jets and go from there.
i believe i will be close, couple hot laps should tell all.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Are we on for the 17th also? I'll do that ride if we are planning it, this Saturday is probably out though. Let me know!

89er here, found this for you :moon: and this :whiner: and this :uh:!! I'm there, with my new spankin sparky too:D

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Originally posted by a454elk
Are we on for the 17th also?

Yes

Whats a matter U?? Afraid of riding in the mountains twice in a row? The track will still be there when you get back.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I ain't fraid, you fraid of drivin to OK.?:p:moon: Just can't do it tomorrow pal, gotta watch the kitchen pass consumption!:D I'm in for the 17th my friend, just give me the meet and time!

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by a454elk
my friend, just give me the meet and time!

OH CRAP! Don't say it. :confused: I better use a little restraint here. :scream:

Never mind. :) :) :moon:

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
The 17th at 8am on the corner of the 15 & 138. This is the same place we met before.

Not pointing to anybody specific ;) but thats 8am not 8:15, 8:30 or 9. :)

Also..... You need to get a forest adventure pass.....$5 for a day pass or $30 for a year pass. This is for your parked vehicle.

Bring water

OK..Can you write some sort of letter stating that you guys need me for some top secret investigation? If you can get me out of work I'll be ok with OK.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Ugly isn't the word! 9er, doesn't your QUAD have some overdue service needed!?:moon:

Jeff, I can hook you up,literally, and take you to OK if you'd like.:D Or, I can say I need your metal knowledge for some sort of terrorist investigation and you could quite possibly save the world! I'd be happy to write a note, just let me know pal!;):)

YZandrew

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2001
RMJeff - I will meet you guys tomorrow at the McDonalds at 8am. I'll be in a white Ranger with a KTM 400 EXC. Looking forward to meeting and riding with you guys.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Cool....

Me: White Ranger with blue WR250

Pvt Joker: White Tundra with blue & black WR250

Dont forget the adventure pass...

Anybody else???

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Elk Im thinking that hooking Jeff up on running a prostitution ring would probably help get him out of work. Of course he would probably be a hit at work with the friends when he got back on Monday.

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
BTW: Its looking like Im in for the 17th except this time Im not waiting till the night before to fix up the green-beast. KTM do ya need a tow?

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Originally posted by Boodac
Elk Im thinking that hooking Jeff up on running a prostitution ring would probably help get him out of work. Of course he would probably be a hit at work with the friends when he got back on Monday. [/QUOTE

1 minor problem........I would need a job when I get back

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
[/B][/QUOTE]
1 minor problem........I would need a job when I get back [/B][/QUOTE]

Live for today, not tomorrow! With your specialties, we can get you hired on for at least, now don't quote me on this, how's $9.50/hour with benefits! I know I know, you can thank me later.:D So, you sittin in the middle between me and Thumbs on our trip to OK?

Mental note: 17th, Saturday, ride mountain, get sparky on and buy adventure pass!

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
cant you impound a motorhome or something Call me whatever you want but Im done with the whole tent and thing. I had enough that when I was a kid.

Top Bottom