Save a guy from being bored to death

roosterboy

Jul 25, 2000
Can anyone please give me an idea of something to build ? something I can fabricate from mild steel ? I've been sitting around all day trying to think of something but it just wont come. I've got a mig welder I can use. Living in the city is killing me.

Last edited:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Build yourself a little stand that the front wheel of your bike will sit in. Make it like a bicycle type thing that holds it up by swallowing part of the front tire.
You could use this to place in the spot where you are done riding to have a place to ride up to and get off. You could also use this devise for a wheel chock in a trailer.
Just remeber that you may need to peg this thing down to the ground, or bolt it down to the trailer. Maybe you will get an idea of how to mount and remove it quickly if it seems real handy.
Just an idea....ive been building junk since I was a kid. Just start cutting and grinding...something will come....

You are an artist in a slump! :D

p.s. Ok now you've got me wanting to cut up something and weld it back together.... maybe try this....I've seen one of those little bike carriers that mount directly to a trailer hitch. This device carries the bike parallel to the rear tailgate. Seems like a worthwile item to fabricate if you have no trailer.

Last edited:

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
roosterboy,
How about a tailgate buddy for your truck if you own one. Made it out of 1" tubing. Or a bike ramp, again made out of 1" tubing. Space the parallel bars about 8" apart, and make the ramp about 2'6" wide so you can walk right up the ramp with your bike. Let us know what creations you come up with!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Do a search.

Do a search in the Just KDX Forum for the bike stand. Nice project and all the dimensions are there.

Alpinestar

Apr 18, 2001
go to your vehical measure and draw plans for a nice box(subs), and places to put sterio stuff. I am making one right now for my truck and its sure fun to do and takes alot of work. just my 2 cents.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Spanky,
My answer to that would be the same as to the question: "Whats a henway?"

cr125_king

Apr 2, 2001
Bike stands

I'm always building these, we can never have enough around this house. Besides i love welding so as long as i'm building something i'm happy.:)

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
dinner bells

Bend up some triangle style bike stands.
Next time your at a race or a busy riding area, put a sign out "bike stands $__.__". Put money in "bike parts" account. :)

HAzE

Uhhh...
Dec 29, 2000
GO-KART

You can make your self a go-kart. I want to, I know a guy with a frame.I have the perfect motor. A kawasaki 350 triple. All you have to do is get a frame, or you can build one yourself. You'd need three pedals. And have to make a bracket to shift. Man, I've figured out how to do all that stuff and I think it's going to happen. This go-kart will haul major, and do some wheelies. I'll get some pictures if it happens. It will be awesome! You could always build me a stand for my 89 kx125, I really need one. If you do, it'd be much appreciated, you could get some money outa it. Later.

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
Re: GO-KART

Originally posted by HAzE
You can make your self a go-kart. I want to, I know a guy with a frame.I have the perfect motor. A kawasaki 350 triple.
Two of my friends and me did exactly this in high school, with, ironically, a Kawasaki 350 two-stroke triple. We used a swivel-frame go-cart frame, added a roll cage, riding lawnmower tires, rigged a clutch and shifter, and proceeded to scare the living bejeezus out of ourselves with this contraption. Trust me, anything with the super-quick handling of a go-cart chassis should never be given the power to go 100+ mph and turned loose on a road with three teenagers driving it.:eek:

Top Bottom