PTCruiser

Aug 25, 2000
I'm looking for an inexpensive way to lower my seat height. I can drop the forks 1/2" but that will make the bike too squirrly. Can't I just add another 1/2" to my normal sag on the shock to bring things back into alignment and then use the clickers to balance things out?

------------------

Sage

dirtbike riding roadracer
Mar 28, 2001
Trim a 1/2" off the seat foam and re cover it, this works good on thick seats, not so good on MX seats.
------------------
Sage Wilkinson, KDX Link 1

[This message has been edited by Sage (edited 04-10-2001).]

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
PTC,
Id suggest you run a touch more sag and rasing the forks in the clamps over seat foam removal. If you must cut the foam be very sparing.
Regards,
Jer

------------------
"Danger is one thing but danger combined with long periods of suffering is quite another." Sir E. Hilary
wilkey@mx-tech.com

MX265

Sponsoring Member
Jan 29, 2001
I have kind of the same issue. I own a 2001 KX250. It's great when I am on the bike. It fits me well and everything works the way it is supposed to. But when stopped, it's all toes from there(and that is on one side).At 5'6", maybe a KX100 would fit me better. :eek: Seriously, I have contemplated running more sag, but I keep hearing 95-105mm is a good range. I'm at 105mm. What would you truly consider to be a safe amount of maximum sag? On this bike, running the forks at the maximum height above the triple clamps is necessary on the tight tracks that I ride on, so the front end is OK.

------------------

[This message has been edited by MX265 (edited 04-18-2001).]

Top Bottom