bordrshane

Dec 13, 2005
I always take pride in myself of buying high and selling low. Cars, boats or motorcycles. I love ripping myself off. Not really.
A month ago I came across a 2000 yz 125 for 500 bucks. The top end was seized. I was stoked, I found the first good deal in my life. I was finally going to be able to buy low and sell high with a little work and a few hundred bucks. Well I tore it apart, new cylinder, head, piston, and its ready to go. I decided to ride it before selling it. I took it to a track somewhat like Southwick Mass (sandy) and the thing was ripping for an hour or so. I havnt ridden a 2 stroke in a while. Fun stuff. Anyway, after blowing through a big bowl berm and down a whooped out straight tapped out the rear wheel locked up. SOB. There goes my first good deal. The crank decided to retire. Does anyone else have this bad luck?
Also, will a 2004 bottom end fit a 2000?

:ahhh:

highflyernick

Oct 12, 2004
If it is just the crank, that isn't a big deal....$250 for parts.....and rebuild it yourself if you can get access to the right tools. We are rebuilding my friends CR80 (that he bought just to fix) in shop class...

Top Bottom