MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
I just heard today that there is a ride called the Snowflake Run next Sunday December 7 up at either Little "O" or Big "O". If anyone knows about this, please fill in the gaps for everyone that may be interested.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Outlaw & I are planning on hitting the West Side, Sunday the 7. We haven't nailed the trail down. But are leaning towards Holton-horseshoe. There's always Cedar Creek. You’re welcome to come along. I'm hoping to drag Matt along. But not sure if I can get him out? Also there's a Pumpkin Patch fast guy that keeps begging to come along on these rides.

miScott

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Oct 19, 2003
sorry off the topic...
70Marlin where in Grass Lake do you live?

Scott
139 S. Lake St.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Knight rd. blue house right behind the eastbound weigh station out by the highway.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Thanks Pat. Let me know where you guys end up deciding upon and when. If I feel up to it, a ride would do me some good!

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
All are welcome! I'd like to be there around 12 noon OUTLAW where are we heading to? Cedar Creek or Holton Horse shoe? How much snow is on the ground? Is everything frozen? Whats the parking like for Holton-Horse shoe will I be able to get my little white car in there, shes a low rider?

OutlawXR4

Sep 30, 2003
So far no snow, weather says snow Thurs. thru Sat., but its gonna be in the mid to upper 30's. I'm thinking Holton, I haven't been on that trail since October. The ground doesn't seem too hard yet so we might be able to get some traction. I'll post something saturday about the weather and see how its looking for sunday. You should be able to get into the first part no problem, I got my S10 in there last year and that thing only sat 5" off the ground.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Hey XR - got your phone message, thanks!! I am sending a couple more guys down to Shawmut for some screws!! Are you talking about parking back at Horseshoe Lake?? If so, if you have never been there and are driving a low car it probably wouldnt be a bad idea to park up in the field where we parked when we rode with Mweissen last time... Please keep us posted on what you guys decide!!
Woodsy

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Hey woodsy why don't come for a little ride with us? Outlaw I still want to meet you @ M82 & M120 and I'll follow you to the trailhead.

Last edited:

OutlawXR4

Sep 30, 2003
Yeah we can still meet at the gas station, definately wasn't planning on going any farther than the grass field, even the grandpa truck ain't gettin back to the actual parking lot. Yeah Woodsy, you gotta come with. Right now lookin like Holton at Noon.

dthoms

Oct 6, 2002
I stopped by the KTM/Honda shop after work today and Dennis mentioned the Snowflake Invaitational. It is on the south part of Little O. The directions I have are: If you are going North on M37 you would turn West on US 10 (north of Baldwin) and go 2 1/2 miles and then turn south on Jenks road to park and the starting area is north of US 10 on Jenks Road. The start time is 10 AM. That's all I know about it. I'm going to try to make it but I'm not sure if I can yet.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Van is packed; bike is loaded on trailer. I should be @ M82 & M120 about 11ish. I'm bringing a new pumkin rider along.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Marlin, I thought you guys were riding on Sunday. Have a good ride.

I'm planning on hitting Cedar Creek Sunday afternoon for a fairly easy ride. The stress lately has pooped me out, and I need to unwind a bit. Hopefully it's still pretty smooth out there!

OutlawXR4

Sep 30, 2003
Yeah, we're riding sunday, Marlin, guess I'm gonna have to get my lazy butt outta bed a little bit earlier huh. Alright, guess I'll see ya around 11.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Sunday 10:30/ 11ish @ M82 I'll have my cell phone with me 517-812--9677 mark come on up!!!!!!! You can take it easy on me. I'm planning on a lot of rest riding. I rolled my bad ankle at work and can hardly stand on it. It's my right one who uses the rear brake anyway. (Four stroke) It's getting late into the season for west side rides, with the lake effect and all. And I'm not missing this one!

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Pat, I won't be getting out until 1pm, and am just going up to Cedar. I'm meeting a guy I work with there (he rode with us on the Sunday trailfest - WR426). Have a great ride!

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Mark:
CEDAR IS A RIOT RIGHT NOW!! Real nice for the "relaxed ride" you are looking for!!
Mark/Kyle, I may try to get out for a while tomorrow too. I, like KTMMIKE, have also been having a dose of back probs and gotta go easy too!! A buddy and I have been "playing" on "small bikes" (I have been screwing around with a DR100 :) :) and I may shoot out and ride Cedar with you'z on it!!! Kyle, you going to shoot over to Cedar when your done at the Shoe or you gonna spend the day at it?? A nice "putz" would do me good too!!!! If my nephew is reading this CALL ME or just go to either trailhead and ride with these guys - THEY ARE GOOD PEOPLE - well, most of the time...
Woodsy

OutlawXR4

Sep 30, 2003
Yeah, depending on when we get done I may shoot over there, leave a note saying which loop and what direction you guys went and AI'll try and catch up or something. HAHA, most of the time huh, yeah I'm always good, um, yeah, sure thats it, wink, wink. If I don't see ya, hope you have a nice ride.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Woodsy, I got your note after my ride. You were right about Cedar, it's a blast. I'd have to say it's the best it's been since I started riding there 6 years ago.

I forgot to bring my boots though! I've never forgotten gear before. I ended up going anyway, wearing my ski warmer slip-ons! Surprisingly my feet stayed warmer than my hands.

If the weather cooperates, I'll probably go back out there next weekend. Andy is done with this semester on Wednesday, and I'm sure he'll want to hit the trails one more time.

I met Outlaw and 70Marlin coming into just as we were pulling in from our ride.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
12/7 ride report. Received call on cell from woodsy, he showing up! Met out law @ designated spot. Made it quickly to Holten - horseshoe trail. Coaxed all the fourstroke to run. Start of ride was in the mid 20's or so. Ground frozen, but no snow. Four bike group, left at a blistering pace. Outlaw led, with woodsy close behind. New man, aka fast guy on the pumpkin (mark) then marlin bringing up the rear. HH is in need of serious maintenance lots hoops! The size of the grand canon, the length of the trail. Lots of down trees. Also there was a thick layer of leaves. But the trail was lots of fun. Did a quick 16-mile looped back to the trailhead and decided to bail to cedar creek for fewer hoops! Outlaw, aka fast guy pumpkin rider and I meet up with Mweissen @ CC with slippers on. CC as usual a blast smooth, wide very fast loops rode the south & north loops and called it a day. I love riding this time of year! What's Next? Studded tire pre or post Christmas ride?

Last edited:

dthoms

Oct 6, 2002
I made it to the Snowflake Invitational, what a blast. There had to be over a 100 guys there. I makes, me feel good to see that I'm not the only sick individual that likes to ride even in less than perfect conditions. We rode part of the Big O and part of the Little O, about 38 miles in all. There was ice and snow in places but nothing to bad. A couple of times I came off of a whoop landed on ice and broke through, it made one hell of a racket. Later I was following another rider and he did the same thing then he pulled over and got off his bike because he thought he broke some thing.
When the trail ride was over there was hot food waiting for us,( for a small donation) they had chili, german dogs, buffalo barbecue, and some fixings.
Some of the riders came up on Saturday and camped there the night before, I might try that next year.
I don't know if I have ever ridden Cedar before but I would certainly like to give it a try.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Dave, or anyone else, weather permitting, I'll be at Cedar Sunday afternoon around 12:30pm.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
That snowflake ride sounded like fun! I think maybe nexted year I'll give it a try.

Top Bottom