RiverRat

May 4, 2001
Hey all,

Just got my bike back together and am looking for a morning ride with fellow DRN'ers in the Corona area. I live in Chino Hills, and have heard of a place to ride in Corona but don't know exactly where it is. Any info would be appreciated and all are welcome!!

-RiverRat

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Rat - Check out the Arrowhead ride. I know it's not on a Sunday but there will be a great group of guys. Our staging are is only about a 45 min. drive from the Corona area. We always have a blast......come and join in on the carnage....I always have a camera ready:)

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
RiverRat--if you can make Arrowhead Sat., I guarantee a great time. I've ridden with all these guys before, and they're a great group.:D

RiverRat

May 4, 2001
Thanks for the invitation guys, I really appreciate it. Unfortunately I have to go up to Lancaster on Saturday to work on my airplane (those things are worse than bikes :) ) Anyway, I found a buddy of mine that will go ride on Sunday, but we still don't have a place to go local. Not really interested in the track thing, besides, I would like to break the bike in easy. I just put a brand new crank and top end in the thing so I wanna take it easy. So. . . anybody know where I can do some light trail riding in Corona area?? Thanks again for the invite. . .

-RiverRat

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Actually there is a good riding area at the top of the Ortega. They call it Wildomar. If you go to the top of the Ortega and take the first road to the South, I think it's called Kilner or Killi something, you can't miss it. Take it to the end, about 9 miles, it drops you into the riding area. Buy the adventure pass for the day either before you get there or bring a 5 spot and put it in the box. The rangers are cool but they like to see the day pass. It's a fun area, lots of trail stuff and dirt roads. Good for breaking in. Good luck

Elk

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
RiverRat.

There are many trails around the Corona area. Unfortunately, most of them are on private property. It is best if you have a guide that knows the trails and where to go and especially where NOT to go.

Keep an eye on the 'Places to Ride" forum for future rides out of Corona. We usually do at least 2 rides a month and you are more than welcome to join us. Of course, being the 'new guy', you will have to wear the tutu.

Read about the one we did yesterday in the "General forum, Ride Reports".
Corona mid-week ride.

Ol'89r

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Ol'KTMBoy/man.

We can do that.;)

We are just starting to get into riding season. After the first rain, we can take larger groups. No dust.

RiverRat

May 4, 2001
Elk,

Thanks for the info. I think we'll try that spot out this weekend. Can you buy the Adventure Pass at the riding area or do you have to purchase this at another location. Again thanks for the info. . .

-RiverRat

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Check with all your local sporting goods stores. I always buy mine at Big 5 Sporting Goods. Some Circle Ks' carry them also.:D

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
There's a box right at the parking area for the pass. You drop your 5 bones in the box and, poof!, a pass is created. You keep the stub of the envelope with your truck. The ranger may come by and if he does, he'll check the box and see that your presidents are there. Have fun. You can take the road past the riding area and it goes for miles too. There's a peewee track at the parking area too so the kids can enjoy the day also.

Cya

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom